BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to negotiate a lease with a dealer.

negotiated a sales price. but now theyre adding the acquisition fee as part of the cap cost. so my monthly depreciation numbers/monthly payments are not agreeing with their math.

isnt hte acquisition fee generally rolled into the monthly payment. not added to the gross cap cost. what hte heck is going on. i double checked with leasehackr.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9qWcp03mjvKYXJZb3NfMEpNTkNMem1uRWVXOFAzTkVCbHZr

·
Registered
984 Posts
It didn't sound like a huge deal. Just ask them to not include it and you will pay it upfront.

If you want it as part of the monthly payment then it's added to the cap cost. That's how I have always calculated it, but I also always pay it upfront.

By the way, $8500 in rebates? How did you pull that off?

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
trying to negotiate a lease with a dealer.

negotiated a sales price. but now theyre adding the acquisition fee as part of the cap cost. so my monthly depreciation numbers/monthly payments are not agreeing with their math.

isnt hte acquisition fee generally rolled into the monthly payment. not added to the gross cap cost. what hte heck is going on. i double checked with leasehackr.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9qWcp03mjvKYXJZb3NfMEpNTkNMem1uRWVXOFAzTkVCbHZr
That's how it works.

If you don't want to finance it, then pay it up front and it will belisted as a Cap Cost reduction and lowers the Adjusted Capitalized cost.

Adding it to the selling price is the same function as "rolling it into your payment."

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It didn't sound like a huge deal. Just ask them to not include it and you will pay it upfront.

If you want it as part of the monthly payment then it's added to the cap cost. That's how I have always calculated it, but I also always pay it upfront.

By the way, $8500 in rebates? How did you pull that off?
its for the i3. 7500 federal lease cash + 1000 loyalty

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,793 Posts
Great deal! Do you know what money factor they're using?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
msrp $47,845.00
10k/year
30 month 68%

the sales person is telling me different moneyfacotrs. its hard to get a straight answer and i dont have any documents with it. but hte last number she gave me was 0.00128

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,793 Posts
msrp $47,845.00
10k/year
30 month 68%

the sales person is telling me different moneyfacotrs. its hard to get a straight answer and i dont have any documents with it. but hte last number she gave me was 0.00128
With your MSDs that would be a fully marked up MF. The base MF is .00137. With such a good deal it may or may not be worth fighting to get it lower.

·
Registered
984 Posts
With your MSDs that would be a fully marked up MF. The base MF is .00137. With such a good deal it may or may not be worth fighting to get it lower.
It is a "good deal", about a few hundred under invoice, but the fully marked up MF more than makes up for it. There is also a fairly high set if dealer fees that are pure profit.

Definitely a deal that's good enough, I personally don't like paying fully marked up MF though.

A rough calculation shows that the marked up MF will cost about $900 total...

msrp $47,845.00
10k/year
30 month 68%

Where are you located? We heard there are different residuals regionally. It's definitely better than the national number of 60% (on a 36/10)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sf

·
Registered
4,941 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
I checked with a local dealer and we get 60% in NY area while some other regions are getting 68% residuals. That's a big difference.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
WOW MP of $190.xx plus tax? nice
Mine is about that WITH tax... its also available for lease trade in the valley of the sun :thumbup:

·
Registered
984 Posts
i would consider it if i was closer to any of these places with higher residuals.

But with such a limited range it wold take me forever to drive it home, and shipping it would be cost prohibitive - negating the savings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts