BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2002 E39. Went to my local boys to get a price on window seals, moldings, that go around the top of the door only, that has the lip, that seal it to the body. Heart failure. To do just the tops of the doors, $378, parts only, no discount on price at all.
Does anyone know of a place to get mouldings and weather seal without re financing the car to do it ??????

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Contact Tischer BMW or Bill Dodge BMW in Westbrook ME. These guys offer great deals on OEM parts.

Speak to Ron Vose at Bill Dodge BMW. You'll need to set up a no-cost account there. That'll qualify you for 20%-35% off everything.

Talk to Jason or Evan at Tischer BMW.

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Look at this diagram. The part you need is the #8.
Pellican parts has it for around $50.00 or so.
Easy to install.

F*&@K the stealer...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DT43&mospid=47584&btnr=41_0028&hg=41&fg=40
The OP's not really specific regarding which part he needs (#8 or #4) or how many (1, 2 or 4) he was asking for when he got that quote. While Pelican is pretty good and I buy a lot of stuff from them, my experience is that Bill Dodge will beat most Internet suppliers when it comes to true OEM parts. I suggest you shop around and compare. While I always stay with OEM for engine stuff I am willing to compromise when it comes to body parts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just looked at Pelican they have to special order it, $66 and shipping etc..... They do look like a very good source and I am sure I will use them. Bellevue BMW here can have them to me in 4 days, no real hurry for them so I will check into Bill Dodge as well. Thanks guys.
Art

·
Registered
331 Posts
The OP's not really specific regarding which part he needs (#8 or #4) or how many (1, 2 or 4) he was asking for when he got that quote. While Pelican is pretty good and I buy a lot of stuff from them, my experience is that Bill Dodge will beat most Internet suppliers when it comes to true OEM parts. I suggest you shop around and compare. While I always stay with OEM for engine stuff I am willing to compromise when it comes to body parts.
Well sorry the partiality but Pellican is 2 miles from my house lol :rofl:

I assume by mentioning the lip would be the #8 but at least he can get an idea if he looks at the diagram

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a very good guess, that is the part that I need. Mine is a 2002 built in a month when they made minor changes, so it is a tad different, but is #8..
You have the same water leak problem?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does anyone know how the top edge door seal gets replaced? I bought a replacement because the trailing edge on the front passenger door is pealing apart.
I hope to replace it without damaging the chrome molding however I haven't figure that out.
I appreciate any suggestions.
R.G.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts