BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car last month, but found out the dealer never send my contract to bmwfs.
Today they called me that they want me to come in and resign the contract. Is that legal for they to do this?

·
Chairman of the Bored
3,284 Posts
As long as the numbers are the same I would do it. They probably just screwed up and lost it. You could ask them for something for your trouble like a gift card, they aren't getting paid so they're motivated to get you in asap.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I got my car last month, but found out the dealer never send my contract to bmwfs.
Today they called me that they want me to come in and resign the contract. Is that legal for they to do this?
Honest mistakes happen.

I would just check (double and triple check) to make sure the numbers match what you agreed to.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just went through this, in my case they miscalculated the monthly taxes. They were terrible at communicating the hold up, I'm out of state, same terms so I resigned. I've had the car over 2 months and Bmw FS just recorded it, so I've now made my first payment. I had a free car for 30 days but now my contract starts and ends a month later then I originally signed.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,096 Posts
Well, did you get a GREAT deal and was the sale rep and FI guy really nice to deal with???? If yes, follow the above advice-

If not? What Id do:

1. Demand they FedEx the contract (or a copy) to you to review at your leisure. Every document that you will initial or sign MUST be included.

2. They send a letter signed by a corp officer stating the prior signed documents are null and void- they can refer to them by date (and document signed by Mr Rabbit on xyz date)

3. They send you $500 in advance for the trouble of wasting your time. A check is fine. If they failed to submit all documents in advance (see #1) then they will pay for a return signing.

"Alternatively, you can come get the car, let me know and I will meet the guy with the keys"

So this happened to me many years ago, but the dealer had pulled a fast one on the finance terms and I missed it. They refused to fix it, saying "you signed it". 3 days later the financing got kicked because they needed my wife on the contract here in CA. FI called and told me "your wife has to come in to resign'. Lets just say ard had his way. They were infuriated, claiming I was 'dishonest'. I pointed out "hey, you signed it"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your replies. I actually had to call them million times to let them know that they never send my contract to fs while none of them either picked up or replied my call except my sale rep. Now they are extremely friendly since they are not funded from fs. I will doge them for a couple of days.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,096 Posts
My guess is that they didnt 'lose' it... something was wrong. Make sure you protect yourself- so it for free or on their dime, just make sure you understand what changes are made.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
My guess is that they didnt 'lose' it... something was wrong. Make sure you protect yourself- so it for free or on their dime, just make sure you understand what changes are made.
I agree with ard on this one. Mistakes DO happen, but we are talking about a mistake that is worth the value of the car (10s of thousands of dollars). I also believe the chances are small that it was actually "lost", and it is more likely that someone did something wrong.

Either submitted something wrong (for example did you get a corporate discount? Those have to be submitted a certain way by the dealer I think), or put the vehicle in the wrong sold category etc.

I would just be very clear on what, if any changes there are.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I agree with ard on this one. Mistakes DO happen, but we are talking about a mistake that is worth the value of the car (10s of thousands of dollars). I also believe the chances are small that it was actually "lost", and it is more likely that someone did something wrong.

Either submitted something wrong (for example did you get a corporate discount? Those have to be submitted a certain way by the dealer I think), or put the vehicle in the wrong sold category etc.

I would just be very clear on what, if any changes there are.
Big +1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts