BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dealer profit from signing ED lease early

1196 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  [email protected] BMW
I've read many discussions on this board regarding the amount of time prior to ED you should sign your lease. I understand this is at the discretion of the dealer and mine is requiring that I sign my lease 4 weeks in advance.

I'm curious as to how the dealer profits (makes money) from making a client sign their lease as early as possible.

Thanks.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
It may be that they want to meet a sales target within a set time frame. They may be more concerned about some hiccup occurring with the lease paperwork. Is your dealership and finance person familar with ED? Personally, I'd push for 7 days prior to delivery as the start date of the lease where possible.
It should not be 4 weeks...that is not the guideline per BMW FS
I've read many discussions on this board regarding the amount of time prior to ED you should sign your lease. I understand this is at the discretion of the dealer and mine is requiring that I sign my lease 4 weeks in advance.

I'm curious as to how the dealer profits (makes money) from making a client sign their lease as early as possible.

Thanks.
They don't "profit" from it. They just might want to allow time to process the paperwork and get funded before you actually take the car, though they should be able to do all of that in a few days and not weeks.

Thanks.
7 days is what BMW requests................. 4 weeks is wayyyyyyyyyyy to early. The only reason to sign that early is if you were headed out of country and not coming back stateside until ED trip is over.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.