BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm looking to purchase a 335i sedan. I was wondering if anybody could share their positive or negative buying experiences in and around southern california (LA, Orange Country area preferably). There are literally dozens of dealers throughout Socal and I have no clue where to start to get the best deal. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
405 Posts
for a Sedan. if you don't mind driving to santa maria , around 2 hrs from LA. I know a manager there and he can do 400-500 flat over invoice. in fact, I am going to see him soon to discuss about my 2nd car, e92, that I plan to get. I got an E90 from him last yr. PM me if you want his info.

·
my 335 with friend
606 Posts
Call Tina Swistak at Sterling Newport Beach, have been buying cars from her for 20 years. She is the best. She really wants to get you the car you want, no push.

Tell her Craig sent you.

949 645 5900

craig

·
my 335 with friend
606 Posts
Other thing to consider is how they treat you for service .. Sterling pays for your retail car. Will wash your car.

Get to know the shop foreman Philip he knows his 335s

craig

·
Registered
356 Posts
Karen Walker at Crevier BMW. She's a great person.

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Steve Marx, Fleet Manager at South Bay BMW - you will be very pleased with his professionalism and service. Send me a PM for more specific information.

·
This is the Cubs year)
4,012 Posts
for a Sedan. if you don't mind driving to santa maria , around 2 hrs from LA. I know a manager there and he can do 400-500 flat over invoice. in fact, I am going to see him soon to discuss about my 2nd car, e92, that I plan to get. I got an E90 from him last yr. PM me if you want his info.
Even better take the train up there and Ali can pick you up. It will cost 40 bucks or less and you can drive back down the PCH at sunset. I got mine from santa maria and they have no maco so it is a no brainer for me really.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jerry Bendl. Fleet Manager. South Bay BMW 310-939-7314
very straight forward, honest and knowledgeable. He has been there forever.. I have bought several cars from him

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Dude,

Crap to all of those posts. JUST KIDDING PEOPLE...

Call Philippe Kahn at South Bay BMW or visit him at PhilippeK.com... He is their internet manager. He is honest. That is all I am going to say about him. Why don't you visit some of my posts on here and read my nightmares with Nick Alexander BMW, Irvine BMW and South Bay BMW.

I am 25 years old... on my third BMW and South Bay treated me like SH*T.

Then Philippe Kahn came into the picture. As you can see by my signature, I have gotten my car and I am waiting for it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've half-written a short essay detailing my experience with choosing, obtaining and driving my 335i. I'll never finish it. I might as well share some of it now. A VERY quick summary of my dealer experience (cause I'm a taker not a giver):

This was my sixth BMW from a dealer and my local dealers have had their CA's replaced by low-functioning chimpanzees. I'd love to articulate this in a way that makes you laugh at the cretins... but time is short and you know what I mean.

Despite a negative post in the other forum about a dealer 40 miles away (5 dealers are closer to me), I contacted BMW Encinitas about a stock number on their site.

Their website sucks. I don't think their servers accept email outside their intranet. They don't even list a way of contacting them via email on the site. Still. There WAS a phone number. I used it.

Got hooked up with Anthony Fornasero. Anthony deserves my time articulating how wonderful he was just as much as I'd like to go on about how useless the CA's at Irvine, Crevier (shocking - they used to be brilliant), etc., but let me sum it up:

Anthony knows the special order process. If a car on his lot has ONE thing you don't care for, he gets you what you want via allocation. He's all about getting you the right car. As for the deal? I offered him a fair profit over invoice. Comes down to win-win and what the market will bear. He brings your deal to the GM who obviously "gets it" and has him sign off on it. He's doesn't pretend to be a decision maker and waste your time acting like some salesman grinding dollars out of you to give himself a rush. He's just an efficient communicator between you and the suit and stays out of it. He's about you and your car. He leave the money to the suits.

His product knowledge is in the highest percentile (on the level of enthusiast), and when you throw him a question he can't answer he knows who to contact at the dealer, bring over to his desk and explain the answer to you. Unfazed.

Efficient, smart, helpful. You give him a fair profit the GM will accept, and Anthony has your back through the process as if you are one of customers. Imagine that.

He will be my "go to" guy for my next car for sure. The suits there were good too. The deal was done via fax so all #'s were on paper. Not for me to cross-shop, but so when I finally DID drive down there, I knew I was leaving with the car and writing them a check with a smile on my face.

Turns out Anthony delivered it to my house and had a porter bring him home. Service!

Anyway rather than wait for my car to arrive one came in that was even better so I've been driving the 335i for a week now. I'd love to go on about it but that's another essay another thread. Nice car.

Let me say that waiting for Anthony to drive the car to my house was just as painful as the 2 weeks of waiting. or 8 I would have endured. Hell that last hour is the worst!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Shawni Young...... South Bay BMW in Torrance. She has done a terrific job for me.
Unfortunately you can scratch Shawni - I was her last customer on Tuesday. She's leaving BMW ...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Hi, i'm looking to purchase a 335i sedan. I was wondering if anybody could share their positive or negative buying experiences in and around southern california (LA, Orange Country area preferably). There are literally dozens of dealers throughout Socal and I have no clue where to start to get the best deal. Any help would be much appreciated.
Bob Smith over in Calabasas was great.

·
Registered
434 Posts
+1 for Philipe @ Southbay

(but Tina is great too if you are in the OC)

why is Shawni leaving?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts