BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put together a car online at bmw's site, printed it out and took it to my dealer. We agreed on a price and he submitted it to get a purchase order. Then he said "Germany" is saying, "If you want the nav and the ipod, it forces the BMW assist with Bluetooth" even though you can build a car online without it. It wasn't that much, there were a few benefits so I said, ok. NOW, after signing the P.O. he called and said, "Germany won't build the car unless you get Premium Package." Sounds like the biggest scam to me - using Germany as a scape goat and the bad guy - it's for an ED car and he knows I have booked my trip so it sounds and feels like extortion. Has anyone else ever had similar experience?

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
Never heard of this before..very strange and completely untrue. What's even stranger is that I'm not sure how teh dealer benefits from this if you have negotiated an x amount over invoice deal; that extra money would just go straight to "germany". If possible, i'd bail out now and find a dealer who is more familar with ED..this does not bode well. ED is complex enough, and BMW sometimes throws enough curveballs that you want someone who is really on top of things...not saying silly things like this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts