1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
philippek said:
I've been told by a pretty credible source that "we'll see a 2006 M3, but the length of the model year will be much shorter than normal".

Don't want to risk it? I guess you could buy a 2005 now. :dunno:

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
SARAFIL said:
I've been told by a pretty credible source that "we'll see a 2006 M3, but the length of the model year will be much shorter than normal".

Don't want to risk it? I guess you could buy a 2005 now. :dunno:
SARAFIL,

Didn't BMW produce the E36 M3 into 99, about 6 months concurrently with the then-new E46 sedans? Not that the past is any indication of future performance...

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
philippek said:
SARAFIL,

Didn't BMW produce the E36 M3 into 99, about 6 months concurrently with the then-new E46 sedans? Not that the past is any indication of future performance...
During a conversation with Peter M. at the NY Auto Show, I briefly asked about the M3 and he hinted at what I said above. A few months earlier on the Sales Roundtable, he laid out the 3-series build out for various models and also clearly said we'd see a 2006 M3 for some period of time, but it would not be a full model year.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
I have an inside source at BMWAG, he will be back from Munchen in a few days and will have the definite answer. ;) Will post what he says then.

cheers,

beewang :bigpimp:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Hopefully it's not the same source who told you that a 545i in 2002 was a "done deal."

beewang said:
I have an inside source at BMWAG, he will be back from Munchen in a few days and will have the definite answer. ;) Will post what he says then.

cheers,

beewang :bigpimp:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got this from BMWUSA

Just asked the question on priority email, see repsonse below, customer relations should know, correct?

Dear Mr. Mills:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding the upcoming BMW M3. We appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for our vehicles.

The 2006 M3 is expected to appear in BMW showrooms later this year. At this time, BMW is finalizing information and brochures for this model, and we do not yet have official retail dates.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Again, thank you for contacting BMW.

Sincerely,

Jay Grigalunas

Customer Relations and Services

Representative

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
damills said:
Just asked the question on priority email, see repsonse below, customer relations should know, correct?

Dear Mr. Mills:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding the upcoming BMW M3. We appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for our vehicles.

The 2006 M3 is expected to appear in BMW showrooms later this year. At this time, BMW is finalizing information and brochures for this model, and we do not yet have official retail dates.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Again, thank you for contacting BMW.

Sincerely,

Jay Grigalunas

Customer Relations and Services

Representative

Just by stating "The 2006 M3" he seems to indicate that there definitely will be one. If the short production run is true that must mean the prod. line is being retooled for.......the 2007 E90 M3????? :D

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
jetstream23 said:
Just by stating "The 2006 M3" he seems to indicate that there definitely will be one. If the short production run is true that must mean the prod. line is being retooled for.......the 2007 E90 M3????? :D
No, it just means that the production line is being changed over for the 2007 E90-based coupe, not that it is changing over for the new M3. BMW usually waits a bit after a new model intro to start production of the M model.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Robert A said:
Hopefully it's not the same source who told you that a 545i in 2002 was a "done deal."
Hahahaha!
:rofl:

Hey Bob, he was just off by a couple of years and 5-series generation. :lmao:

·
Certified Organic Fanatic
2,544 Posts
There WILL be a 2006 M3 (unless, of course, some exec pulls the plug for some reason :tsk: ) The last chance to order a 2006 M3 should be Jan/Feb of 2006. I will get plenty of notice if they do change their current plan and would be happy to post the new cut off date, should there end up being one.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
SpeedFreak! said:
There WILL be a 2006 M3 (unless, of course, some exec pulls the plug for some reason :tsk: ) The last chance to order a 2006 M3 should be Jan/Feb of 2006.
While I agree with the above, it is important to note that a customer who walks into a BMW dealership in, say, January 2006 to order an E46 M3 could very well be out of luck, as the dealership might not have any allocations left. So while I think it's likely that the last M3s will come off the line in March 2006, anyone waiting too late may not easily find the car they want in terms of colors or equipment -- or any car, for that matter.

Relatedly, does anyone remember if '99 E36 M3s had any factory to dealer incentives at the end?

·
2,544 Posts
LMC said:
While I agree with the above, it is important to note that a customer who walks into a BMW dealership in, say, January 2006 to order an E46 M3 could very well be out of luck, as the dealership might not have any allocations left. So while I think it's likely that the last M3s will come off the line in March 2006, anyone waiting too late may not easily find the car they want in terms of colors or equipment -- or any car, for that matter.

Relatedly, does anyone remember if '99 E36 M3s had any factory to dealer incentives at the end?
I couldn't possibly agree more. LMC is 100% right. Don't wait. Some dealers will allow you to be on a list with a $1000 deposit. This will give you a right to one of the last allocations. Problem is, as LMC stated, the dealership won't know anything about their allocations for sure. They can guess, but no one can know anything for sure.
I'm pretty sure there was $5k factory to dealer incentive on the E36 M3. I wouldn't count on it this time around. Those motors were mass produced, while the E46 is hand built. Then again... anything is possible.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Found this site

http://www.bmwtis.com

Under logon, click model map, then choose M3, E46, then look at the pull down menu, shows model years 2001-2006, also holds true to E90, E60, E85, etc.

What do you think?

·
Registered
136 Posts
What kind of price increase do you think will happen from the E46 M3 to the E90 M3? I know its all just pure speculation at this point but just curious if its going to be a huge increase or moderate increase and where do you think the base price will be at?

·
2,544 Posts
NP2004 said:
What kind of price increase do you think will happen from the E46 M3 to the E90 M3? I know its all just pure speculation at this point but just curious if its going to be a huge increase or moderate increase and where do you think the base price will be at?
I would look at the expected price of the Audi RS4... the M3 is usually priced to compete with it. I don't think the increase will be that much. Most people that sell BMW's thought the increase on the E90 was going to be a few thousand... but it wasn't. Way more car for about the same money. I would bet that the E90 M3 will be similar. The hard part will be getting one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts