BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I am curious to know how much room for negotiation there is on CPO 3 series vehicles.

I have been looking at 09-10 328s and 335s to get a feel for pricing. The dealers seem to really inflate the prices on these used cars so I just want to know roughly how much you can get them to come down.

thanks!

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
Hello there,

I am curious to know how much room for negotiation there is on CPO 3 series vehicles.

I have been looking at 09-10 328s and 335s to get a feel for pricing. The dealers seem to really inflate the prices on these used cars so I just want to know roughly how much you can get them to come down.

thanks!
Asked and answered before. No standard markup on used cars and no "general rule". Need to look at each case-by-case.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,142 Posts
Usually 37-62%.

(I agree with sarafil)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello there,

thanks!
You got that right. If you can wait 3-6 months (this is key) and watch prices, you'll see them drop the prices like crazy. If you walk into a dealership and want to buy a NEWLY LISTED car that sat on the lot for 3-5 days, they'll pretty much bend you over.

Ive seen these cars listed for 39-42K and those very cars go for 32-33K. I know this sounds crazy but ive experienced it first hand. The dealership will tell you stuff like its the best car in the world, they owe more on it than its listed for yada yada yada.. all BULL****.

Dont give in. Be patient and watch it pay off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts