BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debadged the car today, previously stuck a nasty MSport badge on the back and was the worse mistake, took a good 2 hours cleaning up the mess left from the 3M tape!

Learned my lesson and this time used a bit of heat, dental floss which was easy to lay hands on and a little Auto Glym to remove the grime, looks much better nice and clean :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Love it. I was nervous when I debadged my 428i but man it looks SOOO much better IMO, especially removing the ugly xdrive logo!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I see it as an aesthetic choice - it was very noticeable in Europe that a large percentage of BMWs are debadged, and they do look better.
Then why not do the job properly and remove the BMW badge too?

Personally, I can't see the back of my car when I'm driving it so it could say "Kiss me quick!" for all I care.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
For me I think they got the labels right for my M Sport.

You like them or you don't.

So they are just stuck on...no holes.

BTW...has the law ticked you off for non compliant No plate spacing?

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
... if you failed to buy the car you really wanted.
So true, I wanted a Mercedes AMG GT Roadster, but MB hasn't built it yet, so I'm stuck with an M6 for now. At least I can hide my shame by removing a cheap piece of plastic that was glued to back of my car for no reason other than shout "LOOK AT ME." :rolleyes:

Badged.jpg Debadged.jpg

Seriously, you got to admit it just looks better this way. :thumbup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
... if you failed to buy the car you really wanted.
Not true at all. It's aesthetics. I bought exactly the car I wanted. Just like many people do. It's a matter of the lines on the rear of the car. The badges look out of sorts on the back of some of these cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
So true, I wanted a Mercedes AMG GT Roadster, but MB hasn't built it yet, so I'm stuck with an M6 for now. At least I can hide my shame by removing a cheap piece of plastic that was glued to back of my car for no reason other than shout "LOOK AT ME." :rolleyes:

View attachment 570702 View attachment 570703

Seriously, you got to admit it just looks better this way. :thumbup:
Agree. Looks cleaner. Looks better. Looks just right. Good choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
912 Posts
I just debadged my 435 this week, about 15 minutes after I picked it up. I've got to say that this was the toughest time that BMW model and X-drive badges have ever given me. Usually they come right off but this time they really made me work. The same with the airbag warning labels. I think BMW is using some new super adhesive lately.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Debadged 435ix. Just cuz you take off the badges doesn't mean you're trying to hide anything. On the contrary - this shows the lines better IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For me I think they got the labels right for my M Sport.

You like them or you don't.

So they are just stuck on...no holes.

BTW...has the law ticked you off for non compliant No plate spacing?

:thumbup:
Robin ..... 3 months and not even a sniff ..... I have the fine money laid aside when needed however :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just debadged my 435 this week, about 15 minutes after I picked it up. I've got to say that this was the toughest time that BMW model and X-drive badges have ever given me. Usually they come right off but this time they really made me work. The same with the airbag warning labels. I think BMW is using some new super adhesive lately.
Wrickem how did you get the airbag warning labels off? they look really bad

1 - 20 of 21 Posts