BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Debagging

4766 Views 25 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  f01driver
How many of you guys/gals are debagging their cars? I have a 12' 750Li xDrive and think the car would look much better without all the emblems. Let the other people think "hmmm, what is it?" I would assume a blow dryer and a little twisting and those little numbers would pop right off.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
If it's stick on, just use dental floss line to take it off, and clean the glue off. But I'm not sure the badges got screws or plugs on the back, most likely not.
I debadged mine, I thought it looked too busy with the numbers, I'm not so vain to care if people know I have the "poor mans 7", I have my fast toy, this is my freeway cruiser.:rofl: I'll get a picture if you'd like.

I washed my car and let it sit in the sun for a good solid hour. Then I used dental floss vertically in an up and down motion slowly. The car is still new so it was easily to peel off the sticky residue, if it's been a while since you got the car you might need GooGone. No scratches, marks, took me 10 min.

If it's stick on, just use dental floss line to take it off, and clean the glue off. But I'm not sure the badges got screws or plugs on the back, most likely not.
ChrisF02: nicely done. Really clean.
Same as above, just let it sit in the sun for a while.

View attachment Rear car pdf.pdf

Attachments

Chris, I really like your wheels, and I never like any of the TSW wheels before. The offsets looks good too! Are you runing spacers? What's the specs?
Thanks!

To be honest, I was looking for a decent, but inexpensive swap; wheels + tires, that I wouldn't worry about driving with. I was not happy with the look of the 19" radial wheels, or the inflexible, unrepairable, and plain overpriced run-flats, so I swapped them both out.

I did not need spacers, but I did have to have hub rings. I was getting a vibration at 60mph+, and that solved it.

The fronts 20x8.5 5-120 15GMM
The back 20x10 5-120 40GMM

Im not real familiar with the specs, thats what was on my invoice.

Chris
Chris, I really like your wheels, and I never like any of the TSW wheels before. The offsets looks good too! Are you runing spacers? What's the specs?
Thanks for the specs, I already have stock 20', so I am thinking a set of 22's, and I think they do make it in 22's.

What tires did you get?

I narrowed my research down to either Conti DW or Michelins Pilot Sports.
Looks much better, I might remove mine and talking about emblems, what was BMW thinking with the hybrid models by putting "ActiveHybrid" on the sides?! Too bad BMW doesn't have a emblem delete for factory orders.
Took mine off. I could not stand the long activehybrid7 badge. Thought it was tacky
It's a status symbol, they put more badging because some people who buy Hybrids like the notariety. Look at the Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, it says hybrid like 5 times all over.

Nothing wrong with it, if you live like the Bay Area(San Francisco/Berkely) where being extremely Eco-conscious is the norm, you'd probably buy the Hybrid version.

Chris
Looks much better, I might remove mine and talking about emblems, what was BMW thinking with the hybrid models by putting "ActiveHybrid" on the sides?! Too bad BMW doesn't have a emblem delete for factory orders.
I think debadging looks very sexy on most cars...

What I hate is when someone goes out and buys a c300 and then badges it an AMG...

then they try to play it off that it really is... or a 325ci and m3 badges... like whatd u ditch the sexy center exhaust for a single rear side tip? comeonnnn
the reactions of people with the "hybrid" thing has been so comical, i left mine on.....funny if it was a 750/740 i would have already.....but the "hybrid" thing stays for now.....probably until i get tired of the comments & questions. truth is, in business it's an advantage as it makes you look environmentally aware....which seems to be the trend. whether or not you really care, it still seems to get a positive reaction. (of course i dont disclose the real reason why i bought a "hybrid") lol.....but works for me.
Oh, nothing against hybrid's...I was referring to the logo been too long and placed awkwardly on the side.

It's good to be eco-conscious :)
Mine will be coming off shortly. Just had the badges and center caps done in a carbon fiber look vinyl. Only other cosmetic mod might be the black kidneys....then I'm done....I think. :rofl:

Attachments

looking good! Is your msport bumper chrome inserts black? Maybe you should plastic dip the front fender chrome piece black as well. :)
Looks good, good thing you went with the vinyl because you can always remove the vinyl and go back to OEM or a different color.
Mine will be coming off shortly. Just had the badges and center caps done in a carbon fiber look vinyl. Only other cosmetic mod might be the black kidneys....then I'm done....I think. :rofl:
Is there a insert to cover up the orange reflectors on the front fenders? Black tape will not do it for me.
Do vinyl like mine, you can't even tell it's vinyl.
Is there a insert to cover up the orange reflectors on the front fenders? Black tape will not do it for me.
Ok, save me some time.:rolleyes: I have the black sapphire, where can I find it to match?
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.