BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Thanks for checking out my post.

There are so many useful and very helpful information on here so I hope to get the same response on this question (as silly as it might be).

I'm debating on whether to purchase the 80W version of the Texon 8000K Replacement bulbs for my '07 530i. The reviews online are great, but they all review the 80W version. I know that the stock 9006 is 55W so I wanted to see if it will cause the housing or fuse or wiring any harm.

Also, my other question is - with these aftermarket replacement bulbs, does it really make a huge difference between these 2? Just wanted to see what your guys' opinion on that was. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Fog lamps are basically useless above 25 mph. They seem to be more a fashion thing today. I would not waste my money on brighter fog lamps. The most they will do is annoy other drivers. Only the rear fog lamp is useful in my opinion. It will actually increase your visibility in nightime rain on the highway or in foggy conditions. Unfortunately my 2008 535 does not have one. On the other hand, this may be a blessing overall as so many people use their front and rear fog lamps every night.

I am not sure what the higher watt bulbs would do for you but if you do a fair amount of driving in heavy fog at low speeds, I guess they might help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Projector fog lamp housing and 55W HID fog lights if you can afford to spend for them.
Thanks AntDX316! I was debating on whether that would be a better option since I do have the lowbeam Xenon HID setup anyway. I just thought that for $28, the foglamp color would mimic the blue/white look of my Xenons. I just needed to find out if the higher wattage output would melt my wiring or damage any electrical functions of the car.

Thanks for the great advice everyone...I think I will opt for the 55W ones and see what happens. I will let you all know...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts