BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone my 330ci is scheduled for production and I now have my vin number. How does the vin tell you where it is built. What other information does the vin reveal. I am so glad my car finally is in another status. Now I feel like something is really happening.
-Lori:)

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Lori!

You might want to try this link too:

E46 Fanatics- FAQ

You will have to scroll down a bit, but you should come to a table that lists what each number/letter stands for.

Word of warning... I'm not sure how accurate this is for MY03.

HTH :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
And there's a good chance that you'll ask what plant "P" is. It's Regensburg even though it never seems to show on the FAQs. Enjoy.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is Regensburg a good plant. I thought it would be built in Munich. As long as it is from Germany I am happy. Just got a call today regarding another fine German product and I would like to anounce that after a long wait my Birkenstocks (Steel Grey,cork,seude,size 38N) have been delivered to the showroom and are awaiting my inspection. Yippie! Now if I could just get my Meile vaccum cleaner (truely the BMW of vacuum cleaners) and my Jet Black Bimmer I will be set.
-Lori

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
Lori said:
Is Regensburg a good plant. I thought it would be built in Munich. As long as it is from Germany I am happy. Just got a call today regarding another fine German product and I would like to anounce that after a long wait my Birkenstocks (Steel Grey,cork,seude,size 38N) have been delivered to the showroom and are awaiting my inspection. Yippie! Now if I could just get my Meile vaccum cleaner (truely the BMW of vacuum cleaners) and my Jet Black Bimmer I will be set.
-Lori
Use European Delivery for your BMW and pick up your Miele while in Munich. Last month I saw the Miele that sells for $1300 in the US for 499 Euros (Euro and the dollar are about equal)

·
Realtor/Mortgage Broker
185 Posts
Lori said:
-Lori
S Africa wins Gold award :thumbup:

I had my SA produced 2001 325i for almost a year and 13K miles, not 1 problem.

·
Bimmer Gal
90 Posts
Lori said:
Is Regensburg a good plant? I thought it would be built in Munich.
My '99 323i was built in Regensburg and I had no problems (other than warped brake rotors, which was not the fault of the assembly plant) in the 3 years I had it.

·
...worked on the railroad
1,054 Posts
are you noticing bimmers more?

It must be the wait (although I just looked at the receipt for the deposit, and it said August 30; so if 'Karl' shows up around November 30 - it's 90 days, which is not unheard of :eeps: )

Anyway - I'm noticing Bimmers in a way I never have (especially if they're 3 Series). I find myself thinking, "Lord willing, I'm going to have one of those, soon!" I guess it's the anticipation!

I loved the Z3 I drove at the Susan G. Komen event; I knew that some enthusiasts bash them, but I see tons of them around, so they can't be that bad! Hey, if someone were to give me a Z4, they could twist my arm to take it! :lmao:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts