Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
in my Z4 the yellow motor warning light is burning. OBD2 tells me that the diagnosis lambda-sensor cyl. 4-6 has no connection. I found a broken plastic sleeve on the connector.
At the local dealer ( I live in Germany) the friendly expert told me that the cable harness has to be replaced as this connector is not available as a spare part.
I don't like this as I fear that half of my car has to be detached and the bill will be exorbitant.
Has soneone an idea?
I have been told by a german guy to cut the connector completely off and solder the wires. Is this a good idea?
Thanks in advance
PeterSTW
from Waren, Germany

·
Registered
735 Posts
If you can cut the connector out and solder the wires, why not replace with any type of connector that will work....

My 2 cents worth....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
If you can cut the connector out and solder the wires, why not replace with any type of connector that will work....

My 2 cents worth....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Either way, soldering the wires or buying a generic connector set is a better alternative than the whole engine compartment wiring harness.

Mouser Europe carries Molex automotive connectors. They're inexpensive and reliable.

https://eu.mouser.com/Molex/Connectors/Automotive-Connectors/_/N-1ehb5?P=1z0zlewZ1z0spqaZ1yvsm2a

1 - 3 of 3 Posts