Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went Welt to take delivery in the morning with the camera and appropriate lens.... but no memory card, so no pix of the car @ Welt:mad:. Anyway, before anyone in the committee gets any ideas, here is full compliance with 12-hr rule:

Blue Water, Terracotta, and Gray Poplar.

Attachments

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't bring my laptop to Welt, but it looks like there is wi-fi in the Premium Lounge. I predict that the excuse of "no internet access" for lack of compliance will not longer tolerated. :yikes: Be forewarned. :)

Also, went to Harms to check in with Thomas, and for those of you who dropped off in the last couple of days, all of the cars were already being trucked out to port, including an Interlagos E92 M3, so nobody is waiting in the lot except for a lone Arctic 328xi. Sorry no pix of the truck, same reason as previous post.

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Went Welt to take delivery in the morning with the camera and appropriate lens.... but no memory card, so no pix of the car @ Welt:mad:. Anyway, before anyone in the committee gets any ideas, here is full compliance with 12-hr rule:

:rofl: You must have felt terrible! :bigpimp: No worries, the car looks great! :thumbup:

Congratulations ;)

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,700 Posts
Nice car! Congrats.. must be a horrible feeling when you go take a pic and no memory card! Doh!

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Congratulation, Asteroid!!!!
Waiting for more photos and report!

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
Gratuliere!

The car looks incredible in that color. :thumbup: Excellent choice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
awesome, let us know how you like the twin turbos

·
Registered
356 Posts
what a color-fantastic and congrats!

·
Piacere di guidare
1,474 Posts
It's terrific for such a great contributor to this forum to get his (third) turn in the spotlight. Can't wait to hear much more.

I'm liking that BMW offers the nice variations on colors in the various lines. Very nice.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts

Your car looks amazing with that combination. Our MY2004 X3 was Blue Water, and we loved the color. Basically, a metallic light gray with a blue tint. Also, as it was the third car in our household it was parked outside most of its life. It showed no wear after 3+ years and rarely showed dirt. I predict that you'll love the color even more over time. :thumbup:

Then BMW dropped Blue Water from the X3 offerings, so we went with something a bit less subtle this time around. :angel:

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm posting from MUC. Hey Dave330i, they offered us 600 euros each plus lodging for allowing us to get bumped.
Dropped off earlier today, and for a moment we thought about changing our plans about taking public transit because it started pouring buckets of rain as we headed to Harms. Fortunately, it let up and we were able to walk over to the bus stop and stay dry. We'd looked up the bus schedule for Sunday (reduced service on 219A, every 40 mins.), but once the bus showed up we were in MUC in ~50 minutes.

Saw these at Harms, maybe mine will be on the same boat to the West Coast. Actually, there were more cars on the other side of the lot but I got lazy. :p Seems like a lot of cars since mid-day Friday. And Thomas said he hadn't been that busy.

Attachments

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your car looks amazing with that combination. Our MY2004 X3 was Blue Water, and we loved the color. Basically, a metallic light gray with a blue tint. Also, as it was the third car in our household it was parked outside most of its life. It showed no wear after 3+ years and rarely showed dirt. I predict that you'll love the color even more over time. :thumbup:
1er's are still quite rare, let alone one in blue water (I though it was P1 option), so I had to go by what I saw in an X3 that parks in my neighborhood. Maybe it's your old car, the paint still looks good and it seems like owners park it outside.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats & the car looks fantastic. Thanks for the photos

·
Registered
216 Posts
Saw these at Harms, maybe mine will be on the same boat to the West Coast. Actually, there were more cars on the other side of the lot but I got lazy. :p Seems like a lot of cars since mid-day Friday. And Thomas said he hadn't been that busy.
You snapped a pic of my black 335 coupe. Must have just missed you. The walk in the POURING rain to the U-Bahn stop was interesting...

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
Wow wow wait a second there... that's it??? No trip report, nothing about the car except what a nice color it is, no other pics?

Who are you and what did you do to Asteroid? :)

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Asteroid, you get on a boat yet?
An email from Harms said the car was on Volans Leader scheduled to arrive Pt Hueneme Aug 26. I tried some vessel tracking sites and looked in the port schedules and I can't find Volans Leader. :dunno:

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow wow wait a second there... that's it??? No trip report, nothing about the car except what a nice color it is, no other pics?

Who are you and what did you do to Asteroid? :)
:rofl:

Not much of a driving trip, only put 425 miles on the car in 3 days.
The only notable thing to report was going to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to get on the night watchman tour only to be foiled by several dozens of youth musicians from Minnesota that decided to do the tour en masse that same night. :mad: They were so many of them it would have been impossible to hear the watchman so we decided to leave it for another visit. Whoever chaperoned these kids should have made arrangements for a separate tour with the night watchman. :rolleyes:

For the rest of our trip, we flew out of MUC to Johannesburg to start Mrs Asteroid's part of the trip, a safari in Botswana. Once in the bush, we were incommunicado for a couple of weeks. (Actually, the last lodge in RSA had wi-fi.)

Some scenes from Rothenburg and a pic of Schweinshaxe. The 2.99 version tasted as good a another one in Leopoldstrasse. :eeps: :)

Attachments

·
Driving 'en Plein Air'
2,274 Posts
Thanks for the update... Any pictures of the safari? :dunno:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts