BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - no one can tell me to use NAV becuase I didn't get it so I need a good source for directions from the Delivery Center to the Meridien to Harms.

Not traveling Europe, just doing a quick pick-up Monday morning and drop-off Tuesday morning and then going on our way so I felt NAV to not be essential for my driving in the States (I know my way around my little New England town)

The legs of the trip will be:

DC to Marienplatz (Le Meridien) on Monday
Le Meridien to Harms on Tuesday

Once dropped at Harms, we'll need to get to the airport which now brings more questions:

- Are there easily found U or S Bahn stations at/near Harms for the trip to the airport? or do I take a taxi?

- 12:00pm flight out of Munich Tuesday - what time do I need to be at the airport?

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,303 Posts
racefaith said:
- Are there easily found U or S Bahn stations at/near Harms for the trip to the airport? or do I take a taxi?

- 12:00pm flight out of Munich Tuesday - what time do I need to be at the airport?

thanks
Just do a taxi. It should cost about 30-35 euros.

Try to get to the airport by 10 am. Munich airport is fairly new and there's plenty of shops and restaurants to keep you busy if you get there early.

Have a great trip! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
racefaith said:
OK - no one can tell me to use NAV becuase I didn't get it so I need a good source for directions from the Delivery Center to the Meridien to Harms.

Not traveling Europe, just doing a quick pick-up Monday morning and drop-off Tuesday morning and then going on our way so I felt NAV to not be essential for my driving in the States (I know my way around my little New England town)

The legs of the trip will be:

DC to Marienplatz (Le Meridien) on Monday
Le Meridien to Harms on Tuesday

Once dropped at Harms, we'll need to get to the airport which now brings more questions:

- Are there easily found U or S Bahn stations at/near Harms for the trip to the airport? or do I take a taxi?

- 12:00pm flight out of Munich Tuesday - what time do I need to be at the airport?

thanks
Use Via Michelin for any directioons you might need: http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/tpl/hme/MaHomePage.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
I'd take a taxi from Harms to the airport - its not very convenient to public transportation.

The station at Le Meridien is Hauptbahnhof (not Marienplatz).

I'd plan on getting to the airport at 10am as well and make sure you check out the BMW boutique... But if you get there at 10:30, you'd be fine too. I find the new terminal at MUC to be one of the most efficient in Europe.

MSN had great driving directions for Europe and I find it easier to use and more accurate than Via Michelin. Just go to msn.com and click on Maps & Directions in the left column. Here's an example from the DC to Le Meridien:

http://mappoint.msn.com/(oxhdsw45hj...langid=EUR&routetype=Quickest&routeunit=Miles

And a final word of WARNING: Be really careful driving up and down the parking ramp at Le Meridien (especially if your new baby has active steering). I learned the hard way and scraped the hell out of my right rear wheel.
 

·
mmm... carbs!
Joined
·
3,055 Posts
Don't take the car to Marienplatz. Just take the car from the DC to Harms (easy drive). Then walk to the main road (2 blk walk) and hop a bus to the train station. Take the train down to Marienplatz stop.

I prefer to not have my car in Munich. I don't like dealing with parking in the city. If I'm travelling with the car, then I pick up and head out of town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Once dropped at Harms, we'll need to get to the airport which now brings more questions:

- Are there easily found U or S Bahn stations at/near Harms for the trip to the airport? or do I take a taxi?

- 12:00pm flight out of Munich Tuesday - what time do I need to be at the airport?

thanks[/QUOTE]

I dropped my car off at HARMS yesterday. The easiest thing to do is take a cab to the airport. It's about fifteen minutes away and about 36 Euros.

I think you'd be cutting it close getting to the airport any later than 9:30. After the check-in counter (probably the biggest wild card with respect to time), you've got a security checkpoint, customs, and then another security check point to deal with. If you have any free time, there is a large duty free mall to take your leftover Euros.
 

·
Happy as a snapping clam
Joined
·
812 Posts
AZBob said:
I dropped my car off at HARMS yesterday. The easiest thing to do is take a cab to the airport. It's about fifteen minutes away and about 36 Euros.
Herr Behrends arranged a private "taxi" for my wife and me for 35E. I suspect a taxi may be less, but this avoided any uncertainty about the fare and extras. This would have been even better if there was someone to split the fare with. Our traffic was perfect at 9AM on a Friday and it only took us about fifteen minutes to get to the airport.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top