BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Delivery Day Schedule

1146 6
I'm wondering how rigid the scheduled delivery times are. My ED is on Sept. 7 at 2:10 pm, with a check-in time of 12:40. I plan on doing the 11:30 factory tour, which is supposed to last about 2 hours, so should run to 1:30, only 40 min. before the delivery time. The ED brochure says there is a 45-minute briefing before the delivery. Does the briefing need to happen before the 2:10 delivery time? If so, I guess I'd need to do it before the factory tour. Or might there be some flexibility in moving back the delivery time a bit when I check in?

Ideally, I'd like to get there when they open (9 am?), have some breakfast in the lounge, do a quick museum visit before the factory tour, then maybe back to the lounge before the briefing and delivery.

Thanks!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
According to my CA, it's flexible. You just have to inform them about it as early as possible to accommodate your changes. I've changed mine from 10:10AM to 12:40PM with no issues. It just took a while to confirm it, but I'm sure it's very doable.

Good luck.
I have the same delivery schedule for Tuesday, August 7th and am planning the day the same as you. I'll let you know how it turns out.
I emailed back to the address that the reservation came from and super nice woman named Larissa emailed me back. We talked on the phone and found the perfect time for the pickup .

Best

PF
Thanks for the feedback, guys. PF, I took your idea and e-mailed the ED dept. at BMWNA to ask them to push back the delivery time. A few hours later I got a call from them. To my surprise, she told me I was scheduled for a 9 a.m. delivery, not 2:10 as my e-mail stated. In any event, she was able to move the delivery back to 2:50 which will give me plenty of time to do the pre-delivery briefing right beforehand.
I just did the ED on 4 July. They are very flexible in terms if the "45 mins. before" requirement. You can complete the paperwork earlier in the morning. Briefing takes around 25 mins. which they do before your pickup time. In my case I checked in , a day before .. did my factory tour , museum and when I was ready to leave Welt that evening ,I stopped by the lounge again completed paperwork in 15 mins. and was relaxed in the morning at delivery time.
Plan to spend more time at Welt and Enjoy the experience !! Cheers
The ED brochure says there is a 45-minute briefing before the delivery. Does the briefing need to happen before the 2:10 delivery time? If so, I guess I'd need to do it before the factory tour. Or might there be some flexibility in moving back the delivery time a bit when I check in?

Thanks!
Op, since you already changed it, you're all set. For others in such a situation, you can always check in early, go to the factory tour, then return to delivery later. The paperwork can be done much earlier than the actual delivery time. One thing to note though is the English speaking factory tour, that is only held at 11:30am each day, so don't miss that. I just got back from my delivery date on 7/19 where I had a 10:30am appointment, and we went beyond 11:30am, so I had to wait until the next day for the factory tour.

You'll love it, between the Welt, Factory tour (which does go the full 2 hours), and the museum, expect to spend the full day at Olympiapark :thumbup:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.