Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some Profile Prism Demon Eyes a while back and they have been sitting for a while because I have been working up my nerve to work on them but to no avail. I ordered them thinking that I could simply remove a few pieces, stick them on, and mount everything up, however, I realized I must take apart my headlights and reassemble.

I had a few questions...
1. Does anyone have any tips on going about this process? Or has anyone done something similar? (I've watched a lot of videos and done tons of research so I know the basic process of heating in the oven and keeping the inside as clean as possible)
2. Should I possibly find a headlight from a totaled vehicle or replacement to practice on? (My budget is pretty tight)
3. If I do buy an extra, should I try and find my exact headlight or one similar to ensure the same bonding materials and build, or should I just get any random headlight that I can?

I feel that I very well could do it and with all this extra corona time on my hands I'm itching to get after it I'm just afraid of making a small mistake along the way. Just a young teenager looking for some guidance, thank you!:)

·
BeeemerBro
3,434 Posts
I say do it man do it! You've done the learnin...do it! But that's a good idea to buy a set or even one to practice on and then your off! Who knows how long we got before we don't have enough time. I've done some touch up painting, 2 valve cover gasket replacements... got to do one more...and I replaced the windshield wiper transmission. Then I'll move to the window tinting. Some of this stuff is my first time...do it young man do it...I hate fear! But be reasonable

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have a 328xi so there isn't much I can do performance-wise so I'm trying to make everything else unique.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I say do it man do it! You've done the learnin...do it! But that's a good idea to buy a set or even one to practice on and then your off! Who knows how long we got before we don't have enough time. I've done some touch up painting, 2 valve cover gasket replacements... got to do one more...and I replaced the windshield wiper transmission. Then I'll move to the window tinting. Some of this stuff is my first time...do it young man do it...I hate fear! But be reasonable

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Also, thank you for the comment I'll let you know what I come up with!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts