BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know of a good dent doctor in the Rochester, Ny area? My sweet girl sustained her first blemish in a parking lot in the 1000 Islands last week. :( I would however argue it hurt me way more than it hurt her. Thanks!

2001 330ci - Tiag silver
 

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
Doh!

You know I once watched a shopping cart go from a standing start to what seemed like about 20mph (I'm not joking) straight into the side of a Maxima at Chase-Chicken in Pittsford. Needless to say I have never parked in that lot since!

Unfortunately there is no dent dr here in Rochester. No dent wizard, no dent magician, no dent owner, no dent dwarfer, nothing, nada, zip. No one will come to Rochester to work on your car either. You're stuck using the body shops ($$$) or you could talk to the service guys at Holtz and see who does their PDR work (paintless dent repair). Speaking of which I need to do that sometime myself.

Sorry your baby got smacked, at least it wasn't a drunken bike rider! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember your horrific experience with the drunken bike rider, not good.

The ding took away the paint. I'll check with my dear sweet buddies at Holtz. (They are slowly improving their ways.) Thanks!
 

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
325xi-SteelGray said:
I remember your horrific experience with the drunken bike rider, not good.

The ding took away the paint. I'll check with my dear sweet buddies at Holtz. (They are slowly improving their ways.) Thanks!
Yeah if you can, talk to Tom in service. He's always been great to me (he even earned a free 6-pack of his fav. beer last time I was there!). :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I usually get Eric - who could use a kick in the arse most of the time. Although Eric did ok yesterday when my car got all new brakes. I'll check with Steve Matthews - a real good guy despite what his dad did to you...
 

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
325xi-SteelGray said:
I usually get Eric - who could use a kick in the arse most of the time. Although Eric did ok yesterday when my car got all new brakes. I'll check with Steve Matthews - a real good guy despite what his dad did to you...
Right on. Is Eric the kid with the short blond hair? He's a crazy mofo for sure. Funny usually, but aloof as hell.

I'll keep that in mind about Steve if I ever run into him... my anger, etc. has been washed away by time at this point. :)
 

·
In Mod Heaven
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
My friend just got his door panel of his new IS300 redone. Some idiot backed into his car in a parking lot. It cost him $550 total to remove the dents (which poked out instead of going in) and repainting the door. They did a really nice job on it. I'll ask him if he knows if they do any dentless repairs.

{Chanting}TO, TO, TO . . .
 

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
Ack said:
My friend just got his door panel of his new IS300 redone. Some idiot backed into his car in a parking lot. It cost him $550 total to remove the dents (which poked out instead of going in) and repainting the door. They did a really nice job on it. I'll ask him if he knows if they do any dentless repairs.

{Chanting}TO, TO, TO . . .
LOL

"Holy bananas Batman, a subliminal message!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chris - I think you are talking about Ben. The young guy who looks like he should be out there riding a skateboard on the piles of rocks the Land Rovers are parked on. I think Steve told me Ben used to be a professional dirt bike rider or something like that. Eric, just looks non-descript and you usually barely hear him when he talks.

My dent is in the panel behind the door. The dent is about the size of a 50 cent piece and the scrape inside about 1/2" long, down to the primer. Urghhh...
 

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
325xi-SteelGray said:
Chris - I think you are talking about Ben. The young guy who looks like he should be out there riding a skateboard on the piles of rocks the Land Rovers are parked on. I think Steve told me Ben used to be a professional dirt bike rider or something like that. Eric, just looks non-descript and you usually barely hear him when he talks.

My dent is in the panel behind the door. The dent is about the size of a 50 cent piece and the scrape inside about 1/2" long, down to the primer. Urghhh...
Haha, yeah you are right, forgot about the dirt bikes. He actually lost his sense of taste doing something... broke his jaw or something IIRC.

By "panel behind the door" do you mean the rear quarter panel? If so that's not going to be fun to repaint and fix... they'll have to blend it out over the trunk and the door. =/
 

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
Ack said:


Sorry Chris, I couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:

I guess the paintless dent repair won't work on this then. At least the car is silver, I think darker colors are much harden to blend.
Like Intensa Blue Pearl! If that body shop did a good job it was worth the $550 I can tell ya that much. I've seen mismatched paint jobs more than you can possibly imagine. Sometimes it's an entire body panel, sometimes you can see where it was blended. It's ugly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, rear quarter panel, my bad. Maybe I should see what my deductible is - sounds like it isn't going to be a painless repair. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread and offtopic post

just wondering if anyone was from the Rochester NY area and could do a quick car inspection for me, or tell me who the best BMW mechanic in the area is to do a prepurchase

thanks

jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have sold my 330ci but I would never trust any bmw tech from Holtz any farther than I could throw them. Perhaps a member here can help you or maybe someone from the Genesee Valley Chapter of BMWCCA - check their web site. If you have the time, you could take it to Towne BMW in Buffalo - call Adam in service, he is awesome! Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
325xi-SteelGray said:
Would anyone know of a good dent doctor in the Rochester, Ny area? My sweet girl sustained her first blemish in a parking lot in the 1000 Islands last week. :( I would however argue it hurt me way more than it hurt her. Thanks!

2001 330ci - Tiag silver
If you don't mind the trip to Buffalo, try Koch Dent Systems on Southwestern BLVD. right down the road from Ralph Wilson Stadium. They took out a rather large dent from the fender in E46 325Ci. They did a fantastic job and it only took one hour.
www.kochdentsystems.com
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top