Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out for a late night snack and when I came back I dropped I accidently dropped what I was drinking. I park super close to a wall since I have another 4 series parked next to me, so to avoid hitting one anothers car; I park really close to the wall. Anyways, when I dropped my drink I accidently got too close to the wall and ending up denting my car. Luckily there was no paint damage but now I have a big dent on my passenger side. Would this be removable by a dent removal service, or would i need to take it to a repair shop? F to pay respects lol
First is side with dent second is side with no dent.
 

Attachments

·
Freedom isn't free!!
Joined
·
19,761 Posts
That has quite a crease in it. I don***8217;t think PDR will be able to get it out. I think you***8217;re looking at some body work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,668 Posts
We had a crease about six inches long. A really good PDR guy got 99.9% of it out. If I squad down near the other corner of the car, I can see that 0.1%. But, I'm a **** about such things. He worked on it for two hours.

The good news is that the dent was in a convex (bulging outward) area. That means the metal isn't stretched. If it's a concave area (of which there are many on a BMW), you're screwed.

To do that right, they'll have to remove the upholstery to get at it form behind. Shop around, and get references. If you're anywhere near NW Floriduh, lemme know. I know a guy...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,193 Posts
Good PDR techs can do amazing things. Find the best detailer or luxury used car dealer in your area & see who they recommend. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
You might check with your local BMW dealer and see who they use, they all have someone they use to clean up small dents. See who they recommend .
 

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
Joined
·
17,449 Posts
Ahh, drinking while driving.

I worry about Milady Wife having water bottles in the holders on the center console. I would not tolerate sugary dirinks or food, especially for my distraction were one to be dropped.

I second the recommendation by BMW / body shoppe. I***8217;ve dinged mine twice and am very happy about the work and the tolerance by my insurer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,176 Posts
That first picture shows one heck of a dent...must have been quite a drink. Although we can guesstimate online from a 2d picture there is a lot that can't be seen. You would be better off having a good dent removal shop look at it. Or let your insurance adjuster make the call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,130 Posts
Sorry to read that your FIRST post is asking for help! Could you update your profile so we know where you are & what BMW you're driving, etc??

An "honest" PDR professional will tell you, in advance, the probability of a satisfactory removal. Find one my asking for referrals from your "local" BMW - high-end drivers and service centers.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top