Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out for a late night snack and when I came back I dropped I accidently dropped what I was drinking. I park super close to a wall since I have another 4 series parked next to me, so to avoid hitting one anothers car; I park really close to the wall. Anyways, when I dropped my drink I accidently got too close to the wall and ending up denting my car. Luckily there was no paint damage but now I have a big dent on my passenger side. Would this be removable by a dent removal service, or would i need to take it to a repair shop? F to pay respects lol
First is side with dent second is side with no dent.

Attachments

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,761 Posts
That has quite a crease in it. I don***8217;t think PDR will be able to get it out. I think you***8217;re looking at some body work.

·
Registered
10,668 Posts
We had a crease about six inches long. A really good PDR guy got 99.9% of it out. If I squad down near the other corner of the car, I can see that 0.1%. But, I'm a **** about such things. He worked on it for two hours.

The good news is that the dent was in a convex (bulging outward) area. That means the metal isn't stretched. If it's a concave area (of which there are many on a BMW), you're screwed.

To do that right, they'll have to remove the upholstery to get at it form behind. Shop around, and get references. If you're anywhere near NW Floriduh, lemme know. I know a guy...

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Good PDR techs can do amazing things. Find the best detailer or luxury used car dealer in your area & see who they recommend. Good luck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
You might check with your local BMW dealer and see who they use, they all have someone they use to clean up small dents. See who they recommend .

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,449 Posts
Ahh, drinking while driving.

I worry about Milady Wife having water bottles in the holders on the center console. I would not tolerate sugary dirinks or food, especially for my distraction were one to be dropped.

I second the recommendation by BMW / body shoppe. I***8217;ve dinged mine twice and am very happy about the work and the tolerance by my insurer.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
That first picture shows one heck of a dent...must have been quite a drink. Although we can guesstimate online from a 2d picture there is a lot that can't be seen. You would be better off having a good dent removal shop look at it. Or let your insurance adjuster make the call.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Sorry to read that your FIRST post is asking for help! Could you update your profile so we know where you are & what BMW you're driving, etc??

An "honest" PDR professional will tell you, in advance, the probability of a satisfactory removal. Find one my asking for referrals from your "local" BMW - high-end drivers and service centers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts