BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new to the BMW world. I'm interested to get the E92 coupe, I'm wondering how good/bad does a BMW depreciates over, say 3 years?

I am also contemplating whether to lease or buy. I figure with leasing, $650 x 36 = $23400. If the depreciation is less than that roughly, I am thinking of just purchasing the car instead.

What do you think?

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
3 Series coupes have good resale. After owning one for 7 years, I sold it for 50% of the original pre-tax cost. Not bad.

echelone said:
Hey guys,

I'm new to the BMW world. I'm interested to get the E92 coupe, I'm wondering how good/bad does a BMW depreciates over, say 3 years?

I am also contemplating whether to lease or buy. I figure with leasing, $650 x 36 = $23400. If the depreciation is less than that roughly, I am thinking of just purchasing the car instead.

What do you think?

·
Registered
21 Posts
echelone said:
Hey guys,

What do you think?
Just look at the leasing residuals and you'll get a good idea. 3 years leases give residuals in the 60-64% range, which is outstanding compared to other vehicles. I believe reading somewhat recently that the 3-series has the best resale values of any vehicles.

-Tim

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
echelone said:
Hey guys,

What do you think?
You are not taking into account the cost of financing should you buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts