BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been wanting to give my car the zaino treatment to get rid of swirlmarks and other small scratches. I have never done this before and I don't have very much time, so I was thinking to let a detail place do the initial work and then I will take it from there for the maintenance. Moreover, it's jet black so I don't want to screw it up as it is a very sensitive color...

Do you guys know any good/affordable detail places in the Orange County area? Any idea on the cost?

Thx!

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
I have no first hand experience with them, but I'm told they do good work...

Spectrum Collision, 20 McLaren, Irvine. 949-597-8200.

I won a door prize for a free detailing from them, which I found out would normally cost about $150 (as of about 3 months ago). I don't know if that price is high, low, or in the ballpark since I have never had my car professionally detailed.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
BMcCoupe said:
Save your money and do a search here... for the PORTER CABLE random orbital...
Anyone wanting to do their own detailing is well advised to buy a random orbital (or dual action as they are known these days). Even with the DA, doing it right takes time and practice, something which the original poster said he doesn't have a lot of at this time. Under those conditions, nothing wrong with having a pro do it right once and for all. But once over that hump, there is a lot of very good info about DAs, detailing products and techniques here in the Detailing Forum.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
robrez said:
I've been meaning to try this guy, he posts on bimmerforums:
http://www.ocprodetailers.com/services.htm
I had him detail my car today. He did a good job! All the swirl marks are gone; only some deeper scratces are still there but considering it is a jet black car from 99, it looks REALLY good! :thumbup: He will send me the before and after pics. I'll post them here as soon as I get 'em...

·
Old Timer
751 Posts
too bad the local detail shop owes me 2 full details...otherwise this guy seems pretty good.

·
Ad Grunt
443 Posts
Check the BF.C California forum. There are at least two individuals offering detailing services during the summer to earn some $ for school. No personal experience but the prices and sample pictures posted look quite attractive.

Never mind... I now see that you've found one of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts