BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i recently bought meguiar's quick detailer, since it was recommended after i posted i had problems with dust after waxing. I followed the instructions: spray on from about 2 feet, wipe it into the car with cloth, then dry it with another part of the cloth. However, after i did so, i saw ALOT of 1 way scratches made from the detailer(?) I used a terry cloth(which i stopped after 1 wipe b/c all this dust n lint came off of it) n then a clean microfiber towel, but still noticed many one way scratches. Am i doing somethin wrong? i feel like a complete idiot right now =[

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've never experienced anything like that. That is weird. I always use quick detailer. Maybe those scratches are there prior. Use some good polisher and wax, maybe it will come out.
eli

·
racer wannabe
3,311 Posts
Very likely the scratches are from your towels. The good towels are expensive, use only known online retailers when buying microfiber towels and make sure that your cotton ones are 100% made in USA cotton (check logo).

Also remember that you can't wipe a dirty car, make sure the car is just a little dusty, wash it if in doubt.

·
Registered
257 Posts
baonguyen07 said:
hey, i recently bought meguiar's quick detailer, since it was recommended after i posted i had problems with dust after waxing. I followed the instructions: spray on from about 2 feet, wipe it into the car with cloth, then dry it with another part of the cloth. However, after i did so, i saw ALOT of 1 way scratches made from the detailer(?) I used a terry cloth(which i stopped after 1 wipe b/c all this dust n lint came off of it) n then a clean microfiber towel, but still noticed many one way scratches. Am i doing somethin wrong? i feel like a complete idiot right now =[
Did you wash first? how dirty was the paint? Yes, crappy cotton towels will induce scratches. Also, how much pressure did you use, very light pressure only.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts