BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Freude am Fahren
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It that time of year again. Time for my once-a-year full detail job on the car. It usually takes me about three days for the whole process, including stripping all the old wax and sealer, clay bar, paint touch-ups, buffing and polishing w/ my DA, two or three coats of Zaino Z5, and a couple coats of Z2, full leather cleaning and conditioning w/ Leatherique products, and full engine detail.

Here are pictures of the car in process. Polishing finished, starting Zaino.

Just another day or two and I'll be done!!

·
^^^Worst Username Ever!
1,381 Posts
Sweet. I just recently started detailing my car. Last weekend I compounded my car with my DA, and today I put a layer of Wolfgang Sealant. I feel like I'm being neglectful to my car by not doing the other two polishing steps. :cry: I don't have a garage so It's difficult finding a shaded area for long periods of time.

What polish/es are you using?

Here's a before and after pic of the top of my car's bumper:

Are you taking photos with your cell?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey chief what do you use to strip, to get to square one? Does it matter if you use your method on stripping on typical waxes/sealants vs. Zaino?

·
Freude am Fahren
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To remove all old waxes and sealant products I wash down the car with Dawn dish detergent. It will cut all wax, oil, silicone, or sealers. It also works well to clean the engine compartment. To buff out the paint I used 3M SMR followed by Zaino's Fusion.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for reminding me... it is that time of year especially as its just starting to turn cold here...Hey chief... can I persuade you to come out and do mine next when you are finished?:D

·
Freude am Fahren
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for reminding me... it is that time of year especially as its just starting to turn cold here...Hey chief... can I persuade you to come out and do mine next when you are finished?:D
I left Hingham, MA for sunny Tucson, a couple years ago, so as tempting as your offer might be......................

BTW: That's the source for chiefwej. I was Fire Chief in Hingham and my initials W.E.J.

·
Freude am Fahren
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
holy sh*t. looks nice but you are not talking about 24 hours aren't ya?
Each coat of sealer has about an hour dry time, and I'm applying between 6 and 8 coats total. Of course that is after buffing and polishing the car twice.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I left Hingham, MA for sunny Tucson, a couple years ago, so as tempting as your offer might be......................

BTW: That's the source for chiefwej. I was Fire Chief in Hingham and my initials W.E.J.
Interesting... I get down to hingham every now and then...used to have the car services at Gallery Norwell but now live up on the northshore so go to peanbody instead. If you happen to get back this way drop a note and we can have a brew. Seriously, thanks for posting the detaill info I just might try it as my babys pretty dirty right now and needs to be protected before winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts