BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the poor quality photos.
Anyway, detailed my e39 today. Washed, clayed, porter cable polished, sealed (Klasse). Came out very nicely. Still have a few swirls but I got a fair number of them out. Also conditioned the leather and detailed the interior while I was it.

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
257 Posts
sweet, Sweet, SWEET :thumbup:

I just bought some clay myself... I've been so busy turning wrenches on mine (I've only got about 2.5 x's the mileage), I haven't done anything but wipe the wheels down for quite awhile... How long did it take to clay, and PLEASE, more info on refinishing the interior wood... I've been contemplating that as a DIY but have had mechanical stuff going ahead of it...

Looks great :thumbup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
sweet, Sweet, SWEET :thumbup:

I just bought some clay myself... I've been so busy turning wrenches on mine (I've only got about 2.5 x's the mileage), I haven't done anything but wipe the wheels down for quite awhile... How long did it take to clay, and PLEASE, more info on refinishing the interior wood... I've been contemplating that as a DIY but have had mechanical stuff going ahead of it...

Looks great :thumbup:
Haha, well the entire detail job took me a little over 6 hours. The car was already pretty clean so I spent most of that time polishing.

As for the wood, I followed this thread. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1521042
Basically disassembled the console and removed the wood, stripped the clear with jasco, VERY carefully sanded (the wood is extremely thin), then restained and polyurethaned, then reinstalled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.