BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm looking for tips on detailing the flat black paint around the doors, wipers and the black plastic on the bumpers?

Should I use a polish on the doors and wipers or should I use a product like Meguiar's Trim Detailer?

I'm using Meguiar's Trim Detail for the black plastic bumpers. This product seems to work good what is everyone else using?

Thanks.

Jeff

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
15,525 Posts
jdeday said:
Should I use a polish on the doors and wipers or should I use a product like Meguiar's Trim Detailer?
F1 used something on his flat black that worked well but was a PITA. We used Einzette Tiefenphledger (sp?) on the 3 and it looks good but doesn't last as long as it does on the plastic. Difficulty keeping the flat back trim looking good was a big reason I changed to high gloss on the 5. High gloss is easy. Polish, and wax. :)

edit:
I just noticed you have an '05 X5. Is it not high gloss around the doors? (I KNOW it's not high gloss wipers) Is that only on Sport Packages?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try the polish on the Flat Black painted surfaces. I was afraid that by polishing/waxing this type of paint it would turn it light gray overtime. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

·
Registered
44 Posts
jdeday said:
I'll try the polish on the Flat Black painted surfaces. I was afraid that by polishing/waxing this type of paint it would turn it light gray overtime. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff
Grey would be oxidation. If you DON'T polish/wax it, it will turn that color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.