Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I recently traded in a 340xi for an M3 that has the Competition package.

Two questions on detailing:

what is best to use on the carbon fiber roof for cleaning and protection? I see some threads about this, but not quite sure how best to protect that piece as it will get a lot of sun.

The car has the sport bucket seats with cutouts and the Silverstone leather(?). This leather seems more taught, smoother, and less flexible than what I had on the 340. What is the best detailing product to clean and protect this leather? I have used Lexol in the past. I am not even sure if it is true leather as it feels and looks a lot of different than what i had in my previous four BMWs.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Hello
I recently traded in a 340xi for an M3 that has the Competition package.

Two questions on detailing:

what is best to use on the carbon fiber roof for cleaning and protection? I see some threads about this, but not quite sure how best to protect that piece as it will get a lot of sun.
The carbon fiber is covered by with clearcoat as the paint... just use wax or ceramic coating.

The car has the sport bucket seats with cutouts and the Silverstone leather(?). This leather seems more taught, smoother, and less flexible than what I had on the 340. What is the best detailing product to clean and protect this leather? I have used Lexol in the past. I am not even sure if it is true leather as it feels and looks a lot of different than what i had in my previous four BMWs.

Thanks
The M3 leather is Merino, your 3-Series leather was Dakota. Use BMW leather cleaner or any leather cleaner for auto applications.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
I guess I can use all of the stuff I already have...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts