BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that you Bimmerites are like me you are very selective about the products that touch your interiors and exteriors... I was just wondering what products you swear by. Best towels, best window cleaner, best wax, best interior cleaner, etc. opinions are obviously the only thing here so shoot!!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
well here is what i use and am planning on switching over to.

Wash - CG or ONR
Clay - whatever i have thats not too aggressive
Polish - Menzerna SIP / 106ff
Cleanerwax - Black Ice
Sealant - Black Ice
Wax - Black Ice

Interior
DP Interior Cleaner
DP Interior protectant
Black Ice
Stoner's Invisible Glass (windex is BAD ok)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm loving the zaino wash and wax products. Very very nice finish/shine and easy to use.

I'm still searching for something for the tires that provides a longer acting wet look and I'd like some opinions about interior for the dash that is not sticky and won't attract dust like armorall but will be protective....

·
2003 540i - M Sport
1,895 Posts
i like the following

1 part woolite/3 parts water in a spray bottle to clean leather/dash/carpet etc etc

lexol protectant for leather and for dash board

meguiars tire shine gel for tires
meguiars car shampoo (i get it from costco) (i tried the ONR stuff and while it works okay i feel better about washing it the good ole fashioned way)

mother's clay bar (i've had good luck with it)
optimum compound with porter cable and light cutting pad to remove light swirls
Jeff's werkstatt polish
jeff's wertstatt acrylic jett sealant

between detailing i use a optimum spray wax to detail the car after washing it. pretty durable even though i cut it down with water (1 part wax 3 parts water)

·
Registered
559 Posts
I previously used old cotton undershirts to buff polish and wax off the car but recently tried microfiber towels. They are really great. They can be washed, come very clean and soft, and are infinitely re-useable.

·
Retired Hotness!
921 Posts
There is liquid Woolite.

I like the Klasse product lines as well. I use Meg's professional line because I can et it locally if needed and it works well with the proper technique..

You can get great results from alot of the OTC brands as well..... I think your process is the determining factor.

I use:
Klasse AIO
Klasse SG (Not alot though)
Meg's #80, #83, #85
Any readily avail clay bar (Nothing too aggressive)
Meg's UQD (Love this stuff)
Meg's or Mothers quik detail spray or a mix of soap and water for clay lube
I get my MF towel from Sam's Club (Best bang for the buck)
Prof grade wheel cleaner that I have to mix with water (Don't have a bottle with name right now)
Meg's NXT wax
P21 wax (I get this from Harley dealerships) great shine, but does not last long

Makita Rotory
PC 7424
yellow, orange, blue, and white pads
Ryobi cordless buffer (Used for quik wax applications in between full details)
2 bucket wash technique
I also have a foaming soap cannon from Ebay (Not the best, but gets the job done)
Pressure washer 1500 psi (From Home Depot) not used often
I also have these disposable water filters for RV's that I get at Wally World for like 17 bucks, I get 3-4 washes out of it. This helps reduce the chances of water spots and the soap foams up really nice when I use it

I have alot of stuff, but cannot think of it all right now...... I am a weekend shadetree detailer... Nothing serious, and I am always learning new stuff......

Check out the detail section for more insight into this subject.....

·
2003 540i - M Sport
1,895 Posts
Woolite? Is this the powdered detergent or is it a liquid/gel form?
liquid detergent mix it with water

a pro detailer gave me this tip

its cheap and works great!

and it smells good :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey guys - I was thinking of using a sealant for more durability. Aside from clay bar, cleaner and polish...Is the correct order Sealant then wax or sealant last???

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts