BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430d 2018 LCI
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to ask, how do you determine your brake pads size taking in consideration that the vehicle is marked as "M Sport(containing the M suspension) but without the M brake calipers"

I think i have the standard brakes as i can't find anything else about it.

REALOEM isn't helping that much cause it gives me following oe numbers:

rear 34 21 6 850 570
front 34 10 6 859 181

And i'm not sure that this is what i need

VIN is: WBA4K91070BB50514 / BB50514
Also, what do you recommend as alternative for OE brake pads which are equivalent or better?
i heard that textar and ate are the OE supplier for this manufacturer but who makes their branded brakepads?

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
2,335 Posts
Good question. Please take this with skepticism as I don’t know 100% but THINK I know…
M-sport doesn’t effect brakes. It’s a trim and suspension package. You should have normal brakes. Normally sport brakes are part of a separate package from Msport.
Could you snap a pic of the front calipers? Have you called a dealership and asked them to look it up via ETK?
I’d bet normal brakes.

·
Registered
430d 2018 LCI
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they are the 330 standard, if i am right, do those oe codes fit as brake pads on this size of disc? And no, i didn't cause services in romania asks WHY you need that information and they dont provide it without a serious concern. So yeah, i have to look it up myself

Good question. Please take this with skepticism as I don’t know 100% but THINK I know…
M-sport doesn’t effect brakes. It’s a trim and suspension package. You should have normal brakes. Normally sport brakes are part of a separate package from Msport.
Could you snap a pic of the front calipers? Have you called a dealership and asked them to look it up via ETK?
I’d bet normal brakes.

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
2,335 Posts
You can never go wrong with OEM but I’ve had good results with Akebono. I donno I don’t mess with aftermarket stuff too much

·
Registered
430d 2018 LCI
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I decided to go with 13.0470-3857.2, ATE Ceramic brake pads. ~ 100 bucks vs 130bucks BMW OE as they were recommended by some auto shops to outperform BMW brakepads after repetitive hard braking, or sport driving. (they tend to get very hot and be much more efficient)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts