BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can provide some answers or point me in the right direction... I have a 2006 550i w/ the N62 4.8 and manual trans. I just did an engine swap because the old one had valve problems which quickly became a money pit, long story short. I replaced it with the same engine only it came out of a car w/ automatic trans. I just brought my clutch hardware over, aligned it with the tool and put everything back together. It starts up and runs a little rough I need to scan it somehow.

My problem is when I try to run any sort of diagnostic tool all of them are failing to connect to the car's computer I tried ISTA+, INPA and a cheap scan tool, all of these were able to connect when the old engine was in so I know it has something to do with the swap. ISTA+ gives a error 0015 host not found... This used to work fine so I know the cable is good and comm port setting is right. Do I have to reset something being that this is a different engine or do some sort of programming to get it recognized? Any help is much appreciated thank you.:dunno:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sounds like the OBD2 port is not hooked up or improperly hooked up. Check the connection to the ECU from the DIAG port...Start there

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just remembered there is 1 plug behind the front bumper I left disconnected. Is it possible for something as simple as that to prevent any tools from connecting? I will check fuses and the port... I know I should have done that first, yes.. thanks for the reply man..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts