BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1988 325i Converible Is Comming Along Nicely And Outside Of Continous Detailing And Cleaning... (apparently That Is Never Ending For Ocd Bimmer Owners) Whenever The Gas Pedal Is Pressed The Rpm Lowers And Car Almost Stalls Out? With Rising Gas Prices And All, Low Octane Fuel Is Only Option But Should Not Cause The Car To Sputter/stall/ And Feel Like It Is Going To Shut Off. When It Kicks In Though Hold Onto Your Horses Because The Engin Kicks In And Launches You! Any One With Experience With This Any Advice Would Be Appreciated! Thanx!

·
Registered
19 Posts
could be one of your air sensors. im just now getting into bimmers and i dont know the specific names. but my motor mounts are bad and i did a wheel stand last night and it ripped my little rubber 90 peice on my intake and right where the air temp sensor is and my car ran like **** till i fixed it. the rpms would bounce as the climbd

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had that problem..
Running rich was the problem...

It basically was the ICV was dirty and clogged... Also I did a tune up and boom... it flies now with no bogging down! Check the ICV and clean it out...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
is your engine warming up properly?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All About The Intake! Had Replaced Stock Intake With Makeshift Short Air And Heat Shield As Described In This Site... Once I Replaced My Homemade Intake With The Stock Intake... It Resolved The Sputter/stalling Issue! Fuel Filter And Icv Had Been Replaced Earlier And Ruled Out Fuel Transfer Issues. Thanks For The Different Ideas/ All Helped To Point Me In The Right Direction! I Appreciate The Advice!

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
reset the computer. disconnect the battery and reset that thing. im thinking that since you went from a cold air intake to stock, the computer itself is doin a rich fuel mixture. try it out, its free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts