Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing front shaft and oil pan gasket (big job) I noticed one hose does not have place to connect to. It***8217;s very smooth black it***8217;s coming from behind the engine going down then up and about 2***8221; curb down going under the intake and has a curve back down I did not see it on realoem. I am making orders for sum vacum and air hoses and need to know the name of it or what it***8217;s connected to? Thank you god bless p.s it***8217;s the only one driver side that too smooth next to the oil measuring sticks about 1/4***8221; or less

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,477 Posts
Might it be the front differential vent hose that seems to just end up in the engine compartment? Part number 31 50 1 428 849

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for fast reply. No that one I made sure is connected first as it***8217;s hard to get access after. The one I have no place to connect is coming from the top of the trans. And up with end like a cane

·
Registered
830 Posts
Thanks for fast reply. No that one I made sure is connected first as it's hard to get access after. The one I have no place to connect is coming from the top of the trans. And up with end like a cane
If it's not the differential vent it would be a Transmission vent. But, I doubt it. The candy cane description and location are classic front diff vent.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are correct the from diff got one from the top left connected up to the same location I mentioned however the other on from the top ***8220;transmission***8221; need to be connected do you know wher or to what? Thank you again. God bless

·
Registered
830 Posts
You are correct the from diff got one from the top left connected up to the same location I mentioned however the other on from the top "transmission" need to be connected do you know wher or to what? Thank you again. God bless
If it isn't a vent I don't know what it is. Sounds like a vent to me. If it is, it doesn't need to be connected to anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts