BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an '02 330Ci with the business single cd radio and harmon cordon sound. To my surprice I found a Dice ipod interface under the cup holder. It does not have the ipod docking cable though. I tried playing my ipod through the auxillary 1/8 inch cable, but cant get any sound. Found a dice manual online and it said to set to chanel 5,track2. Did that but still nothing. Can someone steer me in the right direction here. Do i need to get a docking cable, and if so how do i know i am getting the right one, or is there a way to just use the aux imput?

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Make sure the dice box is hooked up (correctly) to the factory CD changer harness in the trunk. See the dice literature for details. It's easy to screw this up. Next, make sure the dip switches on the dice box are set correctly. Again refer to the lit.
Yes, you should be able to just use the aux plug. I'd imagine you could get a new iPod cable from dice. I doubt you'd find it elsewhere cause it looks to be a custom piece specific to these units.

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I ordered a dock cable, maybe that will solve the problem. The switches were both set to off which seems correct for the literature. Not sure where the the cables are hooked to, but seems like if a previous owner had it installed it should of worked. Looked in the trunk and I will have to remove panels to check it out. I am guessing there are more than two wires to hook them to, hence the mistake could be made?

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I finally had time to get into the trunk and check connections. It is connected properly to the CD changer harness and not the bluetooth harness. I have the proper ipod dock cable, downloaded the manual and have the proper jumper settings for my radio.

I get nothing but some clicking noises, so something is going on, but I'm getting now sound from my ipod. Does anyone have suggestions what I can try next? I also tried my iphone just for kicks, same just some clicking noises.

· Registered
2,463 Posts
I'm afraid but your dice is kaput.

· Registered
2,463 Posts
I was wondering if that may be the case. Do these devices have a high fail rate?
Something like that! More appropriately, a high unsatisfactory rate. Look into the US-Spec product if you want to play your iPod smoothly. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.