BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my DICE Ipod kit from EAS and noticed that the cables that came with it are too short for trunk installation. So I have a couple of questions:
1. Am I missing a part?
2. Are the plugs (3 and 6 pin) available in the glove compartment area?

Please help, I can't wait to get it installed.

·
VA makes me miss WA
1,779 Posts
nh528-

1. how short are you comming up with the cable? Be sure youre not leaving much slack when youre running the cable from the trunk etc. Once i ran the cable i came up a foot short of the gove compartment, but found that i had left a lot of cable just hanging in the back. There should be plenty.

2. Your three and six pins connect in the trunk area, but may not be hanging on their own. if youve got a cd changer etc, youve got to disconnect it.

HTH.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nh528-

1. how short are you comming up with the cable? Be sure youre not leaving much slack when youre running the cable from the trunk etc. Once i ran the cable i came up a foot short of the gove compartment, but found that i had left a lot of cable just hanging in the back. There should be plenty.

2. Your three and six pins connect in the trunk area, but may not be hanging on their own. if youve got a cd changer etc, youve got to disconnect it.

HTH.
Thanks very much. I figured it out and now everything is installed and working beautifully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts