BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
3m

I did mine 4 wks ago here. I kept the sealer in the house overnight, and brougt it out when the barrier was ready. Used a hair dryer during the pressing. Cooler weather makes it easier to remove the old stuff and prepare the surface. ball it up in your hand and use it to pull off and clean the metal and the barrier itself. GL

·
Registered
811 Posts
I repaired mine when it was 35 outside. I just kept the sealer warm by putting it on a heat vent, and when I applied it, I used a heat gun to keep it warm.

·
Corey
707 Posts
I just went and bought some roof shingle glue. It was probably 50-60 out when I did it. I just re glued the whole barrier with the shingle glue and let it dry. The car stunk for a day of two, but it only cost about $5 and 30 minutes worth of time. Really easy and my rear floorboard has been dry for over a year now.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If your not going to get the factory stuff, I dont see why you wouldnt just use silicone.

Just an idea, but if you have to put it off, you may try taping the bottom edge of the window. Thats where its coming in.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Use a hairdryer to warm up the seals, both before removal, and during reinstallation. To save your thumbs, use a wallpaper seam roller to press down the seal firmly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts