BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone this is my first post, but I’ve been reading this forum for a couple of weeks to learn as much as possible before buying my 328i.
I'm wondering whether I got a good deal or not.
08 328i, Graphite/Black leatherette, Aluminum trim, Sport Package, Xenon Headlights, Navigation system, Logic7, IPOD USB, floor mats.
Selling price: 37,720...out the door price (tax, fees, etc): 39,103.60.

Everybody out there please let me know your thoughts

·
Skjoni's Dad
1,733 Posts
No. I'd take it back.

·
Registered
346 Posts
its not like you can change the deal at this point - would you sleep better at night if i said "YES, you got an awesome deal?" - then yes, you got a sweet deal, matter of fact they practically gave you the car for Free :rofl: enjoy your ride :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your answers.....I still can back out on the deal....so please tell me the truth and if i didn't get a decent deal, let me know what should I pay for the configuration listed above.

Thanks again

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's okay. Nothing really special but deals really depend on area of the country and how your dealer's inventory is. If there are a few models on the lot like the one you bought than you have some more bargaining capability, dealerships hate carrying costs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think you got a good deal indeed... I got a similar car just last month and paid just under 42k... ( i think it was 41,800, you can check my pkges and options in my signature)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a built-to-order. I was getting a lower price but then i got hit with the new price increases (effective June 1st). I thought i could lock my price since it's not June yet.

On the same note....do you guys know the average credit score to qualify for the 3.9%APR?

Thanks again

·
Registered
32 Posts
oops i forgot to add that:

328i sedan, manual

Thanks
I have all the options you list plus steptronic...I paid very close to what you did.

What Dealer did you buy from?

I think you did ok considering the price increase may have hurt you a little.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My dealer would deal on any 3-series sedan for up to around 3% of MSRP. Not so for coupes where there was virtually no dealing at all. Based on that it appears you did well, but I'm sure it depends on your local or regional market and what your dealer has in stock, etc...

·
Super Moderator
8,066 Posts
I don't know if it's a good deal but why get a nearly fully loaded 328 and not get the premium package? You have idrive and nav but no power seats or bluetooth? To me that doesn't make sense.

Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
premium package would have brought up the price way too much. I dont talk on the phone that much specially while driving. I'm the only one using the car so i don't really need memory seats. Power seats are not a priority for me since once i set it i don't ever touch it again. I do like the auto-folding mirrors but i wasn't going to pay 3k for that feature.

Thanks for your input

·
Flying monkey herder
8,170 Posts

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,961 Posts
Hello everyone this is my first post, but I***8217;ve been reading this forum for a couple of weeks to learn as much as possible before buying my 328i.
I'm wondering whether I got a good deal or not.
08 328i, Graphite/Black leatherette, Aluminum trim, Sport Package, Xenon Headlights, Navigation system, Logic7, IPOD USB, floor mats.
Selling price: 37,720...out the door price (tax, fees, etc): 39,103.60.

Everybody out there please let me know your thoughts
Rather than making us go look up all the numbers and do the math for you to see if you're getting a good deal, why don't you do that for us; MSRP and Invoice? We know a lot about these cars and spend way too much time thinking about them, but I think it's fair to say virtually none of us has all the prices memorized.

Congrats on your bimmer and welcome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts