BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Modded 5
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got the rear diffuser for the m5 rear today....and it can't fits into it because the exhaust was sitting to high...

i told my shop the day i collect the car ( without the diffuser just visual check) i already told them the exhaust doesn't sits right.....a bit too in-ward,too high and so...and they told me the hanger and so is fixed...can't adjust

anyone having the same problem as me ??? how to adjust it than ???


btw: i have m5 rear bumper with m5 diffuser ( quad ) not the mtec one.....my tip is 2x83mm

please help.....:dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Ken21 said:
i just got the rear diffuser for the m5 rear today....and it can't fits into it because the exhaust was sitting to high...

i told my shop the day i collect the car ( without the diffuser just visual check) i already told them the exhaust doesn't sits right.....a bit too in-ward,too high and so...and they told me the hanger and so is fixed...can't adjust

anyone having the same problem as me ??? how to adjust it than ???

btw: i have m5 rear bumper with m5 diffuser ( quad ) not the mtec one.....my tip is 2x83mm

please help.....:dunno:
I think you will need to trim your diffuser a little in order for it to fit perfect, i recall seeing a .pdf on the german page about it.

http://www.eisenmann-technik.de/auspuffanlagen/media/pdf/00552955001058541112.pdf
 

·
Modded 5
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those are for the Mtec rear diffuser....i have the M5 rear diffuser which suppose to have a bigger cut-out compare to the mtec one

anyone can help ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Ken21 said:
those are for the Mtec rear diffuser....i have the M5 rear diffuser which suppose to have a bigger cut-out compare to the mtec one

anyone can help ??
I think that the cutouts are the same size, if you look at the Eisenmann exhaust for the M5 there is the pdf i linked to above it just as it is for the rest of the 5-series.
 

·
Modded 5
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tsaros said:
I think that the cutouts are the same size, if you look at the Eisenmann exhaust for the M5 there is the pdf i linked to above it just as it is for the rest of the 5-series.
i can't found the pdf install file on both BP and eisenmann website.....i think they are plug-n-play without any mods so no install files ????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts

·
Modded 5
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
same install file for all E39 include m5 ??? cos i mean i can't find the M5 install pdf files....not the E39 one

and any idea how can i print that cutout paper-scale it has on the pdf file in correct size ????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Ken21 said:
is there anyway that i can adjust the exhaust of how it sit ?? like lower..left,right ???
Not lower, but that is a issue that you will need to fix by cutting the insert.
You can adjust it a little (left and right) if it´s not 100% level by turning the exhaust where it meets the old parts and then re-tightening it to hold it in place again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
It looks like it will bang the rear skirt while driving, in my opinion it looks a bit high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Im guessing thats why you must cut in the plastic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Ken21 said:
attached some pics of my eisenmann.....it is too high ???



Are you sure you ordered the one for the M-Tech bumper? The guy at Eisenmann said that the one for the M-Tech bumper sits lower that the one for the regular bumper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Ken21 said:
mine are for the mtec bumper...if not....it won't even sit that low
Wow, okay! I'm not sure what to think. Hopefully someone else will chime in. :dunno: I would try to get under there and see how I can lower it a bit.
 

·
Modded 5
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BMW5MT said:
Wow, okay! I'm not sure what to think. Hopefully someone else will chime in. :dunno: I would try to get under there and see how I can lower it a bit.
i did.....but everything is fix..i will see if i can add a washer like MJTSUB
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top