BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,523 Posts
I have heard it is not so easy to chip 30d / 40d nowadays ***8211; BMW can pretty easy recognize the modification. It should be easier with a box, but again I have heard BMW can void warranty when they read the logs and recognize that engine was running on modified parameters

In fact I saw a letter from BMW Europe voiding warranty due to modification of the engine - they claimed that after the modification the warranty was valid only to the chassis, paint, etc. but nothing connected with electronic systems

· Registered
55 Posts
I tried the JBD for a few weeks, which in its default settings adds about 10% HP and 10% TQ according to other's peoples dyno charts I've seen.
The engine felt indeed stronger with it. Gas mileage did not improve and seemed to be the same in same driving conditions, but I was tempted to have a heavier foot too...
But it caused an engine fault code, and has to be removed for service... not sure it's worth the risk!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.