BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
  • BimmerFest Mobile App is now available on iOS & Android, Learn More

Dif between all the "sport suspensions"?

6760 Views 28 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Magna
Sorry if this has been asked before, but a quick search did not provide any useful insight...

What are the real facts about the difference between the various 3-series suspensions:
- 330i
- 330i sp
- 330ci
- 330ci sp
- Sports package 2(?)
- M3

Are the springs, shocks, anti-roll bars different? If so how?

Can someone with a parts CD verify that there are actually different parts and provide specs? or is it all marketing hype?

Thx.
1 - 4 of 29 Posts
@virtualrain

Did you get my e-mail ? sent it to your hotmail account.

Alex
No prob sharing it.

M II package, which is available in Europe, includes the #226 sport suspension. On the other hand, it can be ordered here in Germany & Europe without the M II package too.

In both cases it's stiffer than the 'standard' sport suspension.

Alex

EDIT : However, they told me at the dealer that one can order other setups with more stiffer suspension from the BMW program. I didn't ask about the details though.
Hi,

Yes, it will definitely have the stiffer suspension.

since I have never driven one with the 'standard' sport suspension, I can't speculate on that.

If you want to see how the ride height looks with 18" wheels check the pics on my website.

Alex

PS: I like the 226 suspension. Most people found it stiff, but I like the way it drives.

Alex

EDIT : Since you're in Canada, I would like to have the guys in the US to check their order sheets, to see if they have the 226 suspension. just being curios.
See less See more
a small note about the height differences :

Standard suspension : 0
Sport & Sport II : -18 mm
M Suspension (M cars, not M Package) : -30 mm
1 - 4 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.