BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I'm looking into getting a different ratio diff for my 330ci just for some quicker acceleration.

Which diffs fit, I understand the different ratios but I'm what I'm not sure about is large case small case etc.

Which will fit with as little modification as possible or if I do need to can someone let me know what I would need.

Should say its a manual as well.

Thanks

·
RIP #9
1,592 Posts
Your E46 likely has a BMW PN 33107505390 differential, with a final drive ratio of 2.93.
The BMW PN 33107505394 differential, from the automatic 330Ci, has a final drive ratio of 3.38.
From a cursory glance at some photos of each, they look physically identical, but the output flanges have different bolt patterns.

Do with this information as you please, but be warned that it is based on a few quick observations.
Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your E46 likely has a BMW PN 33107505390 differential, with a final drive ratio of 2.93.
The BMW PN 33107505394 differential, from the automatic 330Ci, has a final drive ratio of 3.38.
From a cursory glance at some photos of each, they look physically identical, but the output flanges have different bolt patterns.

Do with this information as you please, but be warned that it is based on a few quick observations.
Good luck!
Thanks for that, from some quick searching about last night I had found similar information.

I'll take the information to my mechanic, he has a few e46 will see what he thinks.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts