BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
pWeezy
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been searching for this for a long time. What is the difference between the 335ci and 335i. Size comparison? Is there more room in one than the other? Because engine wise I think they're the same?

·
Registered
284 Posts
The "ci" designation was dropped back in MY 2007 when the coupe was redesigned. Now, all 3-series vehicles (sedan, coupe, convertible) simply carry the "i" designation.

Prior to this change,
i = sedan
ci - coupe
cic = convertible

A "335ci" doesn't exist--at least not here in the U.S.

·
Banned
10,410 Posts
Now what about the back sear? Big or no? Same in size or no?
Assuming by 'c' you mean convertble [E93]....

In both models, rear's for small folk. Being a tall boy, there's no leg room in the rear. I do mean none! Yet the sport seat's just right, and I have sufficient head room. So does my son, who's 6'5".

I use mine for cargo as the rear seat back folds down making a carpeted shelf, and top down, it's easy loading. Packs a medium Costco run OK. E93 makes a pretty good roadster, +utility. But, to be honest, my Odyssey blows it away, cargo-wise & utility-wise.

Have to load the rear seat 'cause I've little trunk room, top down. Don't mind - weather's very cooperative here. Much much preferred to life in a sedan or coupe, though there's a touch more body integrity there - not a big diff.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,826 Posts
I been searching for this for a long time. What is the difference between the 335ci and 335i. Size comparison? Is there more room in one than the other? Because engine wise I think they're the same?
The "ci" designation was dropped back in MY 2007 when the coupe was redesigned. Now, all 3-series vehicles (sedan, coupe, convertible) simply carry the "i" designation.

Prior to this change,
i = sedan
ci - coupe
cic = convertible

A "335ci" doesn't exist--at least not here in the U.S.
Yeah, but that was stupid on BMW's part. They should have left it.

Assuming by 'c' you mean convertble [E93].....
I'm pretty sure he means the coupe. The 'vert would be a "Cic".

OP, there is less room in the rear seat and the doors are longer. The coupe is only a four seater. But, it does come standard with folding rear seats. The coupe and the sedan handle virtually the same.

·
Officially Contaminated
3,052 Posts
The coupes have a more aggressive styling to them.

·
Become the Bull
883 Posts
You can put women in the rear seat...but folding the front seats to get back there is a pain in the ass

Sedan = fast comfort/funcitonality

Coupe = fast sporty/get you women (lol)

Prior to the sedan's LCI i would have always taken the coupe over it. But now the sedan looks nice too. All about functionality. Since the coupe stock prob onl handle marginally better.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Funny you mention that...because I have an appointment next week with my dealer and on the appointment reminder it says that I have an appointment for my "335ci" haa haa

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
You can put women in the rear seat...but folding the front seats to get back there is a pain in the ass

Sedan = fast comfort/funcitonality

Coupe = fast sporty/get you women (lol)

Prior to the sedan's LCI i would have always taken the coupe over it. But now the sedan looks nice too. All about functionality. Since the coupe stock prob onl handle marginally better.
Or if you are a woman...it gets you guys :D

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
The coupe has less headroom. The long doors can be more difficult to open when parking close to another car or to a wall in a garage. Getting in and out of the rear seat can be difficult if you're not flexible. Not sure about trunk space. It may be less, but with fold down rear seats, it hasn't been an issue for me. I mostly drive it myself, and rarely put anyone in the back seats. The front seats have a power switch in the upper backrest, so you can move them forward, and the seat backs fold forward as well, to make it easier to get in and out. But you sit low in the back and getting out is tougher than getting in.

Without 4 doors getting access to the rear seat to store anything can be a problem. Sometimes it's easier to put a box in the rear with a 4 door. Putting the same box through the opening may be impossible.

The couple looks much better than the sedan.

Drive train is the same in both.

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
But is there a major difference in the back of sedan 3 series and a coupe 3 series?
The coupe only has room for 2 in the back- there's a divider w/ storage in the middle. And there's slighly less legroom-- not sure of the exact reason for that though...since the cars share the same wheelbase and i assume the front seats are bolted to the same place.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have the E93, but I can't figure out how to put the rear seat down. How do you do it?

I use mine for cargo as the rear seat back folds down making a carpeted shelf, and top down, it's easy loading. Packs a medium Costco run OK. E93 makes a pretty good roadster, +utility. But, to be honest, my Odyssey blows it away, cargo-wise & utility-wise.

Have to load the rear seat 'cause I've little trunk room, top down. Don't mind - weather's very cooperative here. Much much preferred to life in a sedan or coupe, though there's a touch more body integrity there - not a big diff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the E93, but I can't figure out how to put the rear seat down. How do you do it?
Push the button next to the rear seat near the head rest (there is one on either side) and the entire seat back will fold down flat providing a "bench" for luggage, boxes, etc. The button is on the top of the rear seat back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts