BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For driving around downtown Seattle, I typically leave it in D/comfort mode. Only on hills to I switch into manual mode. However, because there is more than one sport mode, I'm wondering what the real difference is between DS/comfort and D/sport mode?

Remember, my last car was a 2003 325xi where DS mainly meant a sportier shift selection (no modification to throttle response that I recall). Maybe I just answered my one question. :)

D/comfort: normal shifting, normal throttle
DS/comfort: sportier shift points, normal throttle
D/sport: sportier shifting, sportier throttle
DS/sport: same as above?

It's all of these subtle differences I have yet to figure out. Being in the city limits my play time a bit. I've got to get out more into the mountains with my X3.

· Registered
433 Posts
I've always wondered the same thing. For example, what's the difference between D/sport and DS/sport? Are they essentially the same? Does anything actually change when switching from D to DS when it's already in sport? Other than the manual mode, I can't see a difference.

Makes me wonder if I should set sport mode to not adjust the drivetrain and only do the chassis, so D/sport will be chassis, DS/comfort will be drivetrain, and DS/sport will be both. But then it makes me wonder if I would be missing something?

I have just enough OCD that these questions drive me crazy haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.