BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abybody knows ? What is the exact difference between two in exterior and interior ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
The biggest difference on the US models is the updated iDrive. Otherwise I believe the major facelift changes will happen in the 2011 model year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Exterior: None
Interior: New iDrive system (control knob and better resolution screen) and Top view cameras ( in addition to improved rear view camera)

·
Registered
9 Posts
the only exterior difference is the lack of roof rails. When I picked up my '10 X5d, I would have bet changes were made to the exterior, but the dealer and I lined up a '09 with my '10 and the only difference is the lack of roof rails, which give it a sleeker look. On the interior, the iDrive is vastly improved over the old system and worth the wait for the '10.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Exterior: None
Interior: New iDrive system (control knob and better resolution screen) and Top view cameras ( in addition to improved rear view camera)
I know you get the control knob with the shortcut keys around it in all 2010 X5s, technology package or not, but you get the smaller screen if you don't have the technology package. Does the smaller screen have the better resolution you get with the larger one, and do you get the new iDrive software with it?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,709 Posts
the only exterior difference is the lack of roof rails. When I picked up my '10 X5d, I would have bet changes were made to the exterior, but the dealer and I lined up a '09 with my '10 and the only difference is the lack of roof rails, which give it a sleeker look. On the interior, the iDrive is vastly improved over the old system and worth the wait for the '10.
Roof rack is now an order option- previously it was standard.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We upgraded from a 2008 3.0 to 2010 35d so I can give you a comparison between 2008 and 2010. The new iDrive is the biggest upgrade, the in dash CD player also changed slightly, lost the medal trim on the volume knob. Also for those with navigation the DVD slot has been removed. In the third row seat area there is warning embossed in the seatbelt retaining clips. Final as stated by others the new roof rails are now an option. My wife took the factory tour last week and most X5 were coming off the line with brushed aluminum roof rails. The diesel looks better with the brush aluminum rails that match the silver grill. According to our CA the aluminum rails are dealer special order. 2010 Navigation now permits messages sent from google maps to the vehicle via BMW assist. The new navigation also has a satellite view not offered in previous versions of the hard drive navigation. That is all the changes we have found so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts