BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Random trivia question I always forget to ask:

Why do some 335s have the non-creased hood, with the chrome kidney accents (whatever they are called, the chrome tabs on the actual hood)? But other 335s have extra hood creases and no chrome?

I thought it was a pre-LCI or model year difference, but then I saw a 2011 335i with the chromed hood. Same year as mine, still a 335i, different hood.

So now I'm curious what determines the hood style. Anyone know?

· Registered
2,510 Posts
The 2009 LCI added hood creases and all red taillights ..... and some less obvious changes AFAIK

· Random Helpbot
972 Posts
As I already mentioned, it was a 2011 and thus post-LCI.
Perhaps, but it's very hard to tell from your description what you were looking at.

And the point of referencing the LCI article was to bring Occam's razor into play: if what you're viewing appears not to have the LCI changes, then there is a relatively good chance it either is pre-LCI or has aftermarket cosmetic mods.

If you could reference the issue and page of the Roundel you mentioned, that would help the CCA members here identify what you saw.

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you could reference the issue and page of the Roundel you mentioned, that would help the CCA members here identify what you saw.
Yeah, my bad, I know I should have done that. I just don't have access to my back issues at the moment. It was relatively recent, but I can't recall more specifics. I'll followup when I find the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.