Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've just purchased a new BMW 530e 2020.
G30 5-series built after 07/2019 use the new iDrive 7, which uses a MGU head unit (instead of NBT-EVO), RAM+Booster amplifier (instead of ASD and AMP) and TCB2 (instead of ATM).
MGU connects to RAM using an OABR ethernet bus, instead of the MOST optic fiber bus used by the old NBT+EVO and RAM.

On cars with iDrive 6, I'd be able to extract a digital audio signal connecting an aftermarket DSP to the MOST bus (such as the mObridge DA3). The digital signal from the mObridge could then be sent to a DSP such as the Audison bit one, then processed, converted to analog and amplified.

Is there any way I can extract a digital signal from the audio system? Instead of connecting my aftermarket DSP to the amplified exits on the stock amplifier. I'd like to do that for two reasons:
Firstly, because I'd still be able to control the volume using iDrive instead of having an external volume control.
Secondly, because the DACs in the aftermarket DSP (such as the Audison bit one) are much better than the stock DACs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, which is the best underseat you would recommend?
Price is no issue but I do not want to affect the seats.
I'm more than willing to replace the plastic cover on the woofer with some custom made cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts