BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your car has been flashed by Dinan there is a recall due to emissions compliance. It's just a minor software thing that was overlooked, and the new S2 flash clears it up. It doesn't cost you anything because it's a recall.
If you're one of my customers call my cell (I'm away from my desk until late this afternoon) and we'll set you up an appointment.

-Philip

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts
The updated flash also returns the bottom end torque that was originally designed into the engine, so you'll have to retrain your foot :thumbup:

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the word on the streets... I haven't driven the new one yet so I can't really comment.

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
If your car has been flashed by Dinan there is a recall due to emissions compliance. It's just a minor software thing that was overlooked, and the new S2 flash clears it up. It doesn't cost you anything because it's a recall.
If you're one of my customers call my cell (I'm away from my desk until late this afternoon) and we'll set you up an appointment.

-Philip
Rabble, rabble, rabble, I think you are making this up, rabble, rabble, rabble, this is heresay, where is your physical evidence, rabble, rabble, rabble. :D

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts
That is the word on the streets... I haven't driven the new one yet so I can't really comment.
The revised flash is what Dinan should have put out in the beginning in my opinion. There is nice torque down below for steptronic guys but it isn't jerky like the stock setup, you can squeeze the throttle to pass on the highway instead of dropping to 4th. Fuel economy seems to be the same and interestingly, my oil temp now stays around 235, and it's 96 here today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts