BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
contemplating on whether to get one or not. Any suggestions or are there a better mod to get from dinan for a 2003 525??

·
Registered
954 Posts
Youre not going to gain any noticable horsepower but it will sound better. Magnaflow 14815 and 14816 have been a popular choice for the e39 and are around $200

·
Keeping it surreal
43,317 Posts
If you`re looking to increase your car`s horsepower & performance, it ain`t gonna happen. Aftermarket intakes & exhausts *make more noise*, but really don`t do anything else.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't waste you money on the dinan. Go with the magnaflow and get the same sound for a lot less money.

·
Alan
179 Posts

·
Alan
179 Posts
how do you like your magnaflow smelyalata?
I like it, it's just a tad bit louder than stock. Most remove the Y resonator for more noise but I left it on. I used to have a FlowMaster on it and it was god awful loud and lots of drone. Magnaflow is perfect for me!

·
Toojuicedup
45 Posts
Magnaflow 14815 & 14816 get good reviews and can be found at very reasonable prices.

If you want to jump up a caliber in quality then go ahead and look into supersprints or JlC cross stainless' they however jump up in price as well :p

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Don't waste you money on the dinan. Go with the magnaflow and get the same sound for a lot less money.
Agreed. Dinan parts are such a ripoff especially their exhaust parts prices. $900ish for just a muffler and a foot of pipe? :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
The Dinan Free-flow exhaust sounds amazing IMO.
And, I believe there is engineering to allow their muffler give a gain in performance, while sounding conservative, not overly aggressive.
However, the price is crazy expensive, but close to Super-Sprint, B&B, Remus, and Eisenmann.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i still have the oem bumper, will i have to get a m5 bumper so the exhaust will fit (dinan or magnaflow)? or will they fit with my oem bumper?(2003 525)

Thanks

·
Alan
179 Posts
i still have the oem bumper, will i have to get a m5 bumper so the exhaust will fit (dinan or magnaflow)? or will they fit with my oem bumper?(2003 525)

Thanks
Magnaflow 14815 can be found on amazon new for around $100. You'll probably want to make a cut in your bumper so the tips won't be hanging down under the bumper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts