BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case some are interested in a tune for their B48 engined F48, it should be available in the next week or so. Just finished testing at Dinan HQ in California to confirm the compatibility of their current Mini B48 DiananTronics Sport tune. Passed with flying colors and lower end power is so much better!

They were not able to dyno the car since a awd dyno wan't available. But torque gains are super noticeable! I'm pretty sure it's the same output as the Mini...

Per Dinan, "Peak gains were 15 HP & 32 lb-ft TRQ (crank)
Max gains were 30 HP & 48 lb-ft TRQ (crank)

On all the sport tunes the bulk of the additional power is in the lower RPM range with the gains tapering in the higher RPM. Still there, just not as large."

http://www.dinancars.com/product/d440-0012-dinantronics-sport-performance-tuner-for-mini-b38-b46-b48-engines/?series=&mid=/

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just installed the NM tuning box and the claimed results look very similar (would be surprised if they would not). They used the Mini module too and it works just fine
What is the estimated $ for the Dinan module?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's exactly the same as the link I posted, it should be about $300 USD

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just in case some are interested in a tune for their B48 engined F48, it should be available in the next week or so. Just finished testing at Dinan HQ in California to confirm the compatibility of their current Mini B48 DiananTronics Sport tune. Passed with flying colors and lower end power is so much better!

They were not able to dyno the car since a awd dyno wan't available. But torque gains are super noticeable! I'm pretty sure it's the same output as the Mini...

Per Dinan, "Peak gains were 15 HP & 32 lb-ft TRQ (crank)
Max gains were 30 HP & 48 lb-ft TRQ (crank)

On all the sport tunes the bulk of the additional power is in the lower RPM range with the gains tapering in the higher RPM. Still there, just not as large."

http://www.dinancars.com/product/d440-0012-dinantronics-sport-performance-tuner-for-mini-b38-b46-b48-engines/?series=&mid=/
Not sure how long they have been doing this "warranty-less" option but I see it as a brand-killer for them. It's good to see they clearly disclaim on the website. However, I would have private labeled this or used another brand name. Seems shady and like a corner-cutting money grab with no differentiation from Dinan and other brands with similar tech.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I agree! I saw this ad in a Roundel magazine and took a picture of it. Now that I go to the website and it really sounds like it only increases the boost.. but the biggest, biggest problem for me is the drop of warranty.. which is the main reason I'd consider Dinan. I felt that the dinan tunes on my N54 vs others were always the worst off. (My car is JB4 .. I've driven many that were dinan/cobb when helping people install things in the exact same car as mine). I'm a little bummed now that the new car I may not bother with this anymore if it doesn't hold warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. Just wondering how the experience has been with the Dinan sport tuner. Have you had an issues? I love the price but must admit i'm a bit concerned about warranty coverage and the potential for damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No experience with the Dinan but I did have a Berger Motorsports JB on my 2012 MINI Countryman for about 50K miles without issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts