BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
82nd Airborne!
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set up an appt with BMW to install the Dinan stage 2 software. During my research I found that some dont like the Dinan software due to performance issues and prices, also, the CAI from Dinan is expensive as hell~ $600 wondering if anyone could give me some solid advise on what to really do, should I install the stage 2 software and a CAI? What hp gains will I be getting, besides removing the rev limiter what else should be espected? Dinan has their software at 1/2 off~!!

Any other recommendations on software and CAI? Please help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
chgolatin2 said:
Set up an appt with BMW to install the Dinan stage 2 software. During my research I found that some dont like the Dinan software due to performance issues and prices, also, the CAI from Dinan is expensive as hell~ $600 wondering if anyone could give me some solid advise on what to really do, should I install the stage 2 software and a CAI? What hp gains will I be getting, besides removing the rev limiter what else should be espected? Dinan has their software at 1/2 off~!!

Any other recommendations on software and CAI? Please help!

Thanks!
You can get a CAI from other than Dinan for a lot less. You'll have to check out other BMW sites. I can't tell you which but they advertise in the Roundel and Bimmer magazines. There are even threads on here about using the CAI meant for other models that are even cheaper but I can't direct you to them. You will have to search on here or maybe someone will jump in and help.

You don't have to have a Dinan CAI system to get Dinan stage 2 software. Some on here have said that you can get stage 2 software even w/o a CAI. I'm considering that myself.

Stage one software will give you a hp and torque increase plus it will make the throttle much more responsive. The car will definitely feel more lively. You'll like it. Stage two will give you more of the same.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Cosmos. Check some of the other posts that are talking about same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts