BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Jim & Glynis Tong
We have a Porsche 911 40th anniver. model with only 11,000 miles and wanted a 4 dr. performance auto we could drive year round. We looked at used BMW M3 & M5 and decided on a 7,700 mile demo BMW535XI with the balance of warranty and $8,000 discount. Great auto. UNTIL!! The President of my billiard division decided that his new company auto would be a 2010 Taurus SHO. It was black like mine and also AWD with more horse power and torque then mine. It did not take too long to see tha DINAN offered a stage 2 performance upgrade and they were offering a 20% discount if purchased before AUG."I now see that they have extended this offer" Glynis left Quincy Mi. Friday morning and headed to Bavaria BMW Motorworks just north of Detroit. It took a couple hours for the software to be installed and she was back in time for dinner.
Sat.afternoon, Sid and I matched up on a deserted paved back road. The BMW had the SHO 4 car lengths in the quarter mile. I owned a 1986 Vericom 2000 gadgit that suctions on you inside windshield and will give you 1/4 mile times and speed. Today I tested it on the BMW and it ran a 13.53 time at 105.3 MPR. I just had to get the Porsche out of the garage and test it. My best time was a 13.8 @ 102 MPR. Maybe, I am just not as fast on shifting the 6 speed, but I thought it would have had a better time. I dropped the Vericom off at Sid's house and he will test it on his SHO today so we can compare time on a apples to apples basis. THe Dinan stage 2 torque after 60 mph is unbeliveable. I would highly recommend this system. It is a real sleeper until you put it to the test

Jim Tong

·
Keeping it surreal
43,351 Posts
13.8 @ 102 from a 911 ?????

You better turn in your Man Card *right now*, pal....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reply to Fast Bob

It seems that you have a bit of a mean streak in you, via your reply. I am 65 yrs old and not a seasons drag racer. I used the Vericom 2000 as a comparison not for 100% accuracy like a drag strip time. With a seasoned factory driver, the 40th anniversary 911
turned in 13.1 to 13.2 time slips. My 1986 speed monitor showed a time of 13.8 and I did a respectable job of launch RPMS and shifting. It's hard not to hit the rev limiter. By the way, my 911 is not a turbo model. It is a natural asp.345hp engine. Also, If you would like to come to Michigan, we can discuss me turning in my MAN CARD face to face. In the "Mean" time, have a nice day!!!
Jim

·
Keeping it surreal
43,351 Posts
It seems that you have a bit of a mean streak in you, via your reply. I am 65 yrs old and not a seasons drag racer. I used the Vericom 2000 as a comparison not for 100% accuracy like a drag strip time. With a seasoned factory driver, the 40th anniversary 911
turned in 13.1 to 13.2 time slips. My 1986 speed monitor showed a time of 13.8 and I did a respectable job of launch RPMS and shifting. It's hard not to hit the rev limiter. By the way, my 911 is not a turbo model. It is a natural asp.345hp engine. Also, If you would like to come to Michigan, we can discuss me turning in my MAN CARD face to face. In the "Mean" time, have a nice day!!!
Jim
You take yourself WAY too seriously, my man....get a sense of humor....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reply to Fast Bob

Glad to hear it is just humor taken the wrong way! Sid stopped by this afternoon. He tried the Vericom 2000 and ran a 13.8 @ 104mph. Just his first try and he thinks he can do better with his SHO. Testing the mpg on the BMW and I think the mileage will remain great if I can keep my foot out of it. We have been averaging 23mpg.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.