BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that Dinan is having a sale on their software. I have a CAI(not Dinan) already so I don't need that. Does anyone here that have the software in their car or have experience with the software comment about its performance? $300 seem like a good deal, but if it doesn't yield much HP or cause reliability problems then I rather not go for it.

Maybe use the money for a Zionville radiator :bigpimp:

Thank you!:p

·
Registered
238 Posts
Software?

Do you have stage 1? If so it'll only cost you $100 to go from 1 to 2 or possibly $50 if Dinan applies the rebate to it.
I have a no-name brand cai and just got stage 2 and perf auto trany software last week. I can definatley tell a difference but it may be due largely to the rev limiter being increased by the auto trany software. Either way I like it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dinan engine software has made a big difference in my car. The throttle response has been much better and with the tranny software I cant go back to stock. The tranny software completely changes the steptronic by letting the sport mode rev higher and in step mode it does not automatically change gears.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Dinan II

I had the CAI, engine and transmission II done about a month ago. I love it. shift and engine response noticibly better. with the 50% off you cant go wrong.:thumbup:

·
Registered
676 Posts
I agree with ZM above.. while you're not going to smoke the tires off with these mods, they do make a noticable difference and, IMO, was a reasonable outcome for the money spent.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have the stage I. However it seems that all of you have automatic transmission. I got a 6 spd so could it be that the changes be attributed to the tranny software and not the engine software?

In the future I do want to get a supercharger for it so I know whatever engine software I have will have to be changes. So I am not sure if I should spend the $300 or save the money for the supercharger or a new radiator which I know I will probably need.

·
Registered
355 Posts
f155mph said:
I don't have the stage I. However it seems that all of you have automatic transmission. I got a 6 spd so could it be that the changes be attributed to the tranny software and not the engine software?

In the future I do want to get a supercharger for it so I know whatever engine software I have will have to be changes. So I am not sure if I should spend the $300 or save the money for the supercharger or a new radiator which I know I will probably need.
I also have a 6spd 540i, I got the stage 1, 2 months ago, so far I am very happy with the upgrade, I get a better performance from the car, I can push the car to 6500k before changing gears and at then limit, you really feel the true power of the car :thumbup: , I have not tested speed limiter yet, but that will happn soon :). I would recommend you getting it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
hupps said:
Do you have stage 1? If so it'll only cost you $100 to go from 1 to 2 or possibly $50 if Dinan applies the rebate to it.
I have a no-name brand cai and just got stage 2 and perf auto trany software last week. I can definatley tell a difference but it may be due largely to the rev limiter being increased by the auto trany software. Either way I like it! :thumbup:
Hi Hupps. Is your E39 a Sport model or a non-sport?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.